• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Holy CRAP its hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Monday

Hot

Hi 99°F

Wasn't any better today.

At 7pm CST, Currently

Humidity: 58 %
Wind Speed: S 7 MPH
Barometer: 29.77" (1007.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 75°F (24°C)
Heat Index: 103°F (39°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

USAPatriot

That's not hot. Last week/weekend we got to 116 and supposedly 119 on the otherside of the hill from us, about 1/2 mile away. Believe me, when the temp dropped to under 100 around 9pm, it felt like winter had set in. 3 mights running it didn't drop below 90 until after midnight. -Rod-

Sonar

It was overcast over here in the Los Angeles area today. So that helped bring the temps down to 82-84. Humidity is up in the mid 70s though. So it's been bareable unlike last week's 98+ degree weather.

seamusg

kc0jar said:
Monday

Hot

Hi 99°F

Wasn't any better today.

At 7pm CST, Currently

Humidity: 58 %
Wind Speed: S 7 MPH
Barometer: 29.77" (1007.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 75°F (24°C)
Heat Index: 103°F (39°C)
I never thought it was hot until thw humidity was higher than the temp ie. 99°F and 100 % Humidity without the rain.

cristisphoto

UHHH Actually Hot is:

Born in GA rasied In AZ
Live in North CA
Hot is only bad when it's Humid
like 70 percent
thats what gets ya...
It like being Literally in an oven...
Iv'e been in 122 F one summer in Yuma,AZ
But even that wasn'tso bad as in summer in GA with ONLY 85 F
yet the Humidity is 90

Now that is Pure Hell..
and to make matters worse ya got sweat POURING from you you can't breath your heart is sompeting with a MEth addicts for Speed...
AND you got Gnats, Mosquitos competing to get a bite out of you....
LOL
AHHH the good old days of my youth LOL
Anyways,
Regrads,
Crista

Probaly explains why I' out there lol
its cause my brain was cooked when I wasa Yong Un
\hehehheheololo

seamusg

here it is now:

75°
Barometer: 29.86 in and steady
Humidity: 83%
Visibility: 7 mi Dewpoint: 70° Wind: Calm Sunrise: 6:22 am Sunset: 8:54 pm
and it did reach 90 , but you can't breathe in it with the humidity.

cristisphoto

LOL
See that the ONLY thing I Don't miss bout the South OTHER than the
People LOL

Crista
Here in Frisco It's breezy with a sligtht Chill
Exact:
62 F
Wind is WNW 16 mph
Humidity is 62 F...

YEp it's nice ...
But it SHO was hOOOT this past aeek and last weekend
We had a record number of DEATHS pertaining to the HEaT WAVe
SO Ya all better listen to you preachers lol
and get on your knees cause the end is NIGH lol:p :lol: :cool:
Seriously though
these are wierd times....

Regards
Crista

P.S.
Told ya ll my brain was FRIEEED
KFC vereses PopEyes Chicken Style
MMMMMM Chicken

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Memphis is horrible right now, It was 98 today, factor in the humidity and the heat index was 107. sticky, muggy, and the killer mosquitoes are INSANE!!!!

Two weeks ago, the temps were 100 or higher almost all week with very high humidity levels, it was unbearable outside....

Its been really hot, but I find it kind of funny when people from Cali complain about the humidity, Being from Jersey I'm used to humid summers.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Stated Los Angeles Temperatures Not Actually The Case

Can you say, "cyclical HEAT WAVE."

See 2006 Massive Heat Wave.

Nope, it has nothing to do with "global warming." Sorry to say, alarmist, extremist, radical environmentalist wackos.

With the exception of the last couple of days, it has been about 107° to 110[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] where I live in the San Fernando Valley (Encino - Los Angeles, CA) for the last two weeks, and add about 3 - 6 degrees with the heat index - that's like 116°. :mad:

Whenever you see the temperature for Los Angeles on the news, it is not actually the case. What you are seeing is the Downtown LA temperature. Downtown LA is only about 5% of the area of Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, the temperature can vary by 20 degrees in both directions (up/down) total of 40 degrees difference, depending where you are (and still be in the City of Los Angeles). For example, you could see 95[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] for Los Angeles, but in the San Fernando Valley ("The Valley") it is 115[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT], and in Venice or by LAX it is 75[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] - all of these are still Los Angeles (in the city limits), and all at the exact same moment.

For the record, the highest temperature ever recorded in Los Angeles County was last week on July 22, 2006, at 119[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT], in Woodland Hills (about 3 miles from my home). That does not include the heat index. By looking at this heat index chart, you can see that it was very hot on that day (with the relative humidy at about 48% or the dew point at around 67, that would make it in the 130[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] to 160[FONT=&quot]°[/FONT] HI range).
Source: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:CwqLDOJlgP0J:www.wunderground.com/US/CA/054.html+Temperature+record+"los+angeles+county"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_wave and http://www.weather.com/blog/weather/8_10019.html

Last edited:

shortwaving

'Ya know...it's HOT here in Chicago too. It's only gonna get worse over the next two days.

I'm lucky, I bought a two flat last year and live upstairs. I replaced my tenant's windows A/C earlier this summer. I "sacrificed" my own A/C for theirs 'cause they're good tenants.

Guess what?

Earlier today, my own big-a$$ window A/C left this world.

Damn, it's HOT, but I've got ceiling fans, and that helps...plus no clothes *yikes*

I'm lucky again, and my office is SIX BLOCKS from my house. I walk over (gotta LOVE that!) and take care of some bull****e stuff that now won't have to be dealt with tomorrow. :)

Situational awareness...as a medically-retired airline pilot.

I think about an old friend...we go back a LONG WAY.

He's a Reservist... 40 years old and in Baghdad.

Yesterday, it was 112 degrees, witn a viz of 6 miles, so you KNOW the air quality is horrible.

Can you imagine...dressed to the "nines", with your finger on the trigger, no place for relief, crappy air, and scared to death?

It's almost 0400 here in Chicago, I'll grab a beer and go sit on the porch / stoop.

Damn...the hot air feels good.

About a hour ago, a copper crawls past, and I wave...he hits the brakes and I walk out.

"Hot enough for 'ya?"

He laughs and tells me that he was on the bike (No, not Motorcycle) a little while ago, and his situation is MUCH BETTER now.

Don't forget about the "older folks". You know who I'm talkin' about. The folks you never see outside. Sometimes, you get a little older and you "lose your way".

Keep 'yo head DOWN.

cschmit

When I got up @ 5am today it was 80 already with a dew point of 74.. talk about walking into a wall when you walk outside. I have the A/C in the house set for 73 so walking outside was a bit breath taking LOL

EJB

Its hot here also, been up in and around 90 for the past week and pretty much the last month straight.
Today 95
Tomorrow and Wed 97
Humidex, 110.
Our warehouse has a tin roof, no a/c, the temp inside is the daily outside temp. We do have a water cooler and I drink about 1/2 gallon a day.
Global warming? Not a scientist wouldnt know dont care but its hot.
Our apartment faces the west which means the sun is intense.
We bought a heavy duty ac unit and it has been on all summer.
We are lucky, hydro is built into our rent but days like this is when the power grid sags, All of this part of the world is frying

Last edited:

nova1010

heat

Well today it going to be a high of 32C wich is about 90F with 49% humidity ,not too bad though,another mounth everything will start to cool down and come december I'll be shovelling snow again.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Well, I can honestly say that this is one of the very few times of the year where I'm HAPPY to be working overnights!

Here's the current conditions at 0655CST

Humidity: 85 %
Wind Speed: S 8 MPH
Barometer: 29.79" (1007.9 mb)
Dewpoint: 69°F (21°C)

Looks like tommorow's gonna suck even more, forecast calls for an even 100 degrees, BEFORE the heat index.

Sonar

It's sprinkling here in the Los Angeles area today. Actually had to use my windshield wipers on intermittent. Looks like the high for today is going to be 81. So that's comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.