Home Command Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiawah466

Here is my Home Command Post.
2 - Bearcat 780 XLT's One of these is dedicated to recording with the sound card.
Motorola HT 1550 XLS VHF
Radio Shack Pro-97
Mirage MP2 SWR/Power Meter

The Desktop has an Audigy2 ZS Sound Blaster Card. With this card I can go up to 7.1 digital speaker output. It has optical in and out, midi in out, digital in and out, plus a pc controlled mixer for everything.
The Laptop is the internet and other stuff computer.

Attachments

• DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,749
  • DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 1,776
  • DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,610
Last edited:

k9-cop

On the middle screen it looks like a scanner, what software program is that and what does it control?

tiawah466

It is the 780 control software from Uniden. It is running the top 780, its screen is burned out and the only way to control it is by brail or computer. With this software you have vitural control over exery function on the radio except volume and squelch. The program is called WinScan 780 made by Pozilla.

Last edited:

k9-cop

So if you had the scanner in your garage and ran the computer interface cable into your home, you could see what freqency is being displayed on the scanner and all the other stuff right on your computer screen? You mentioned the volume can't be controlled through the software program but you could run an audio feed from the scanner to your computer right?

Also what kind of connection does it use to interface with the computer? Where can I download the software to check it out and see if this is a scanner that would work good for me?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
tonsoffun said:
Nice set-up. What is the Motorola used for?
Take care

Looks like a UHF HT1550XLS with the antenna adapter for the in vehicle kit.

k9-cop said:
So if you had the scanner in your garage and ran the computer interface cable into your home, you could see what freqency is being displayed on the scanner and all the other stuff right on your computer screen? You mentioned the volume can't be controlled through the software program but you could run an audio feed from the scanner to your computer right?

That you could, I even remote my BC796D from work using a virtual com port and Skype for the audio with no noticable delay.

Also what kind of connection does it use to interface with the computer? Where can I download the software to check it out and see if this is a scanner that would work good for me?

Just a regular 9 pin serial cable and possibly a USB adapter if your computer doesn't have a serial port.

tiawah466

I bought the software when I got my first 780. The scanner does connect with a regular serial, I have not had much luck using the usb adaptor with it. The scanner has 2 audio outputs, one speaker out, and one line level out for recording. As far as the HT 1550 XLS it is VHF and I us it for my FD, yes it does have the adaptor for the convertacom, see the link below. The motorola charger is for my Saber III VHF, which I usually keep at the station with my gear.
http://radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44135

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
tiawah466 said:
As far as the HT 1550 XLS it is VHF and I us it for my FD, yes it does have the adaptor for the convertacom, see the link below.

Sorry my mistake, looking at the stubby antenna I thought it was a UHF but now I realize the VHF antenna off a HT-750 looks similar.

tiawah466

I have had good performance out of the VHF stubby. I put in on when I added the adaptor, with a full size it looked goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.