Home explodes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

utepride

this morning around 245 am... there has been alot of traffic till about now, as it seems they are getting to scene taped off and secured for the night... sounds like they are calling a private company in to do something ? ? ? maybe security or disater recovery im not sure..

Edit : forgot to put location 303 north marion (1000 west)

qlajlu

Silent Key
Explosion intentionally set

KUTV News Video

KUTV News Story
KUTV - Investigators said evidence shows an explosion at a Salt Lake City home was intentionally set.

The explosion and fire destroyed the house at 300 North and 1000 West, but no one was inside at the time.
Authorities say the explosion in the Rose Park neighborhood occurred around 3 a.m. Monday. Two adults and one child that live in the house are reportedly out of town. Neighbors said they saw a vehicle drive away from the home just before the blast.

“My curtain rods and blinds came crashing down on me on the bed. I thought it was my own house that just exploded,” said neighbor Patricia Barrios.

Firefighters a block away were awakened by the explosion. When they arrived, the home was in flames.

Fire Capt. Karleen Montanez says the north wall was gone and windows were blown out to the other side of the street.

People living near the home ran outside nervous that the fire was going to spread.

“I was sleeping and they knocked on my door, my father did, and said the house exploded, the house exploded,” said one neighbor. “We thought our house was going to get on fire, so we had to get out of our house.”

Arson dogs were sniffing around for the cause of the explosion. There are reports that the house has been vandalized in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.