home patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pippo047

Hi all.
I am brand new and I have a question please can someone help me... I purchased a homepatrol 1 digital scanner and it picks up many countys in nj. I live in clark nj union county.. have 4 frequencies , interested in scanning/listening ti police 1 which has recently gone p25... can I hear this frequency on my homepatrol1 or do i need to return the scanner/ .. union county. nj. 458.675 on p25 digital. not encrypted.. what do i need to do or download to the unit to hear.. I know the members here are much more capable than I.. Please someone help...... thanks in advance pippo047.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Your HP-1 will receive that channel.

Make sure you have the latest Database Version. It may have been changed since your last update.

It is included in your county list. It is in the Database under "New Jersey", "Union", "County Systems", "Union", "Municipalities - Clark" and is listed in the channel list with the other Clark channels, PW, Police, Fire, etc.

You can also create and add it to a Favorite List using the Sentinel software.

Last edited:

pippo047

w8rmh

thanks for the info, i also saw it in the database BUT it shows as anolog not p25 digital, which is what it is.... can i somehow change the scanner to accept a p25 mode, or do I need the extreme update or can I not do it at all. thanks for the warm welcome.. greatly appreciated... the Clark PD recently changed to digital.. if I do extreme update will the scanner find the p25 transmission, I do not know, I have 20 days left to return scanner unless the upgrade will receive the police 1 channel....(the only one that shows as p25) or am i missing something . thank in advance....phil

rwier

First: Quoting W8RMH "Make sure you have the latest Database Version. It may have been changed since your last update."

Second: Use the updated DB in Sentinel to "APPEND" your desired Frequencies/TGs to one (or more) Favorite Lists.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The database shows it as P25. If you have never updated the database you are seeing outdated information.

Like I said you can create a favorites list and add the frequency into the scanner yourself. You have to use Sentinel unless you have the upgrade.

pippo047

P25 help

Thanks so much. What am i doing wrong? Can you walk me through setting the favorite list to clark nj. Union county.police 1 only so i can listen to see if it works. As of 1week i am unable to hear anyting. I am doing wrong in setup. Again sorry to be a pain, thanks in advance gor your help.

rwier

I will demonstrate how I might do this if I was in your location. This may result in more channels/TGs than you desire.

Open Sentinel
Update Master HPDB
Left Click "Database"
Left Click "+ New Jersey"
Left Click "+ Union"
Left Click "+ Nationwide"

(Now I peruse the entries under Nationwide)

Left Click on "+ Citizens Band"
Left Click on "Citizens Band"
Right Click on "Citizens Band"
Left Click on "Append Favorites List..."
Left Click on "New Favorites List" Tab
(I type) "Clark Union NJ Test"
Click "OK" Tab

(Back up to the DB)

Left Click on "+ Statewide"

(Perusing "Statewide", I might choose some of the NJ State Police entries, or later, "Append" them to their own Favorites List)

Left Click on "+ County Systems"
Left Click on "+ Union"
Left Click on "Municipalities - Clark"
Right Click on "Municipalities - Clark"
Left Click on "Clark Union NJ Test"
Left Click on "OK" Tab

(Back up to the DB)

Left Click on "Union County - Fire/EMS"
Right Click on "Union County - Fire/EMS"
Left Click on "OK" Tab

(Back up to the DB)

Left Click on "Union County - Law Enforcement"
Right Click on "Union County - Law Enforcement"
Left Click on "OK" Tab

(Back up to the DB)

Left Click on "+ Union Township"
Left Click on "Emergency Services"
Right Click on "Emergency Services"
Left Click on "OK" Tab

(Back up to the DB)

Left Click on "Law Enforcement"
Right Click on "Law Enforcement"
Left Click on "OK" Tab

Left Click "File"
Left Click "Save"

If you want to "edit" the names, or select LOs and other options, always remember to start with the "Edit Favorites List" icon (Gold Star with Little Pencil).

After you "Write to Home Patrol", make sure to turn on the "Service Types" that are associated with your selections.

At first glance, the above sounds like a lot of trouble to get the scanner to do what you want, and it did, in fact, take me about an hour. I went through and did it again without typing, and it took about three minutes.

pippo047

my most heartfelt thanks

Hi rwier,
I thank you from the bottom of my heart...... I followed your very good (understandable) directions and behold I am listening to my township.. (i deleted all the excess freqs) Thanks again for taking the time to help me... If ever I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.... again, thanks. makes a newbie feel loved LOL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.