Home Patrol issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitsum

Premium Subscriber
Got my new Home Patrol last week and I'm finding some difficulties in operating it and the Sentinel software.
First problem is I see no way of adding newly found frequencies when running in discovery mode to a favorites list.
When using the Sentinel software and reviewing the discovery log, I can't open the favorites list editor so that I can copy and paste frequencies. You can't even open another instance of Sentinel. You can't of two windows open at the same time. Lame.
So I guess the only way for me to get these newly found frequencies into a list so I can start scanning them is to write them down by hand and then edit my favorites list.

If there is an easier way to do this, please help. Thank you.

Edit: Also I notice that when doing a conventional discovery search, sometimes it hangs on certain frequencies and the only option I have to get the scan going again is to unplug the antennae.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I cut/paste into an excel spreadsheet, then adjust things as needed (delete rows I don't want in the list, add descriptions, etc).Then arrange the columns into the right order and cut from Excel and past back into a favorites editor session.

Scan will resume on the conventional search once the record duration limit is reached.

Gitsum

Premium Subscriber
Eh, shouldn't have to have/buy Excel after spending $600 on a scanner. Should be able to have those two separate windows open at the same time so that I can copy/paste between them. That seems easy to fix for Uniden.
Another software limitation I've found, why can't I modify the database other than "AVOID" on channels? What if I need to add Attenuation on specific Freq?
Why isn't there a duplication check for frequencies in the database?
As far as the scanner locking up during a conventional search, the problem I was seeing is that it would hit a certain frequency and stop, no sound, no recording. The AVOID button was unavailable and it wasn't recording anything and would sit there for minutes until I unplugged the antennae. Upon further investigation, it was stopping on a trunk system control frequency that is run by the feds but not really used in my area. During the hang, the signal strength meter showed full strength but no modulation.
Thanks for your help.

Gitsum

Premium Subscriber
Do you own a Uniden Home Patrol, Dave? If not, troll someone else's thread man, your not helping my plight.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Can you not copy from the file through the mass storage function ???
HOME PATROL > DISCOVERY > CONVENTIONAL > CHOOSE FOLDER AND FILE

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The cut/paste into spreadsheet method only saves you about 6 keystrokes per channel, since you still need to determine and set your own alpha tag. If using a spreadsheet is a burdon, simply typing the desired TGIDs in isn't really that much extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.