Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8tmv

I was searching through the Ohio MARCS-IP talkgroups and noticed:

Talkgroup 9092 = Homeland Security Region 3 Mass Casualty Incident
Talkgroup 9093 = Homeland Security Region 6 Mass Casualty Incident

My question are:
1. What are the regions?
2. What are the talkgroups for all the other regions?
3. Are the other DHS (Department of Homeland Security) Talkgroups or other frequencies?

Thanks!

ecps92

Let google be your friend
http://ema.ohio.gov/Documents/Operations/HomelandSecurityPlanningRegions.pdf
http://ema.ohio.gov/Documents/pdfs/Ohio_Interop_Appendices.pdf

I was searching through the Ohio MARCS-IP talkgroups and noticed:

Talkgroup 9092 = Homeland Security Region 3 Mass Casualty Incident
Talkgroup 9093 = Homeland Security Region 6 Mass Casualty Incident

My question are:
1. What are the regions?
2. What are the talkgroups for all the other regions?
3. Are the other DHS (Department of Homeland Security) Talkgroups or other frequencies?

Thanks!

fyrfyter33

The idea of DHS MCI talkgroups, makes little sense.

If you have an MCI, the first thing you will use is local TGs in the area, to coordinate patient transport.

It’s going to take a major natural disaster and an EMAC response, before anyone ends up on these TGs.

kc8tmv

I have heard a few tests (hospital rollcall) and just like to have things labeled if possible.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

drkbird

OM
Premium Subscriber
"I have heard a few tests (hospital rollcall) and just like to have things labeled if possible."

HSR3-MCI & HSR6-MCI are the MARCS TalkGroup ALIAS being used. These are Statewide TGs not local only use, the I.C. or Comleader will use them to talk to the hospitals and others to get info in the field like open beds, blood and the like. Most hospitals have a radio just for this primary use .

Here is link you may find useful.
https://www.fema.gov/national-incident-management-system

We can only hope these are only used for practice not for real, but if needed......

fyrfyter33

"I have heard a few tests (hospital rollcall) and just like to have things labeled if possible."

HSR3-MCI & HSR6-MCI are the MARCS TalkGroup ALIAS being used. These are Statewide TGs not local only use, the I.C. or Comleader will use them to talk to the hospitals and others to get info in the field like open beds, blood and the like. Most hospitals have a radio just for this primary use .

Here is link you may find useful.

https://www.fema.gov/national-incident-management-system

We can only hope these are only used for practice not for real, but if needed......

The IC isn’t responsible for this.

The person in the transportation officer role is responsible for sending patients to hospitals and tracking where patients go by serial number.

We don’t need to know about blood or actual bed numbers all we want to know is the surge capacity of the hospital.

In Hamilton County they use HospitalNet for communications and SurgeNet, where each hospital logs in and posts it’s availability. We use the START triage system, so each hospital posts it’s capacity for Green (Minor), Yellow (moderate) and red (critical) patients that they can handle simultaneously.

They use local TGs to cover this. Regional talkgroups wouldn’t be used until we get into a large scale incident, involving hundreds of patients and the need for ambulances from numerous counties to respond.

Even the triennial FAA required airport drill at CVG only uses local resources from all 3 states and the county and immediate counties adjacent to where the airport is located.

drkbird

OM
Premium Subscriber
No one is talking about transportation here. The OP has some answers or links to read up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.