• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Homemade on/off power box

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

I had an idea a long time ago to make a box for my desk to control the on/off funcion of my desktop. I used 3 of the 4 pairs of a cat5 cable to jump off the pins of my motherboard. Power on and off/Power led/HDD light. Here it is version 1 of the homemade power box. Next version i might use headphone out and mic in. Any comments or ideas are welcome

Video is here
Untitled on Vimeo

K

kb0nly

Good solution for those that need it. Most of the computers i have owned allow turning it on via the keyboard but for those that don't have it a remote box is a good idea!

If you do extend the mic and headphone jacks use a couple runs of shielded cable to make sure you keep the audio clean.

SCPD

Thank you for the kind words. Now should i take this to the next level :) or should i keep it minimal as it is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.