• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every man wants to get right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.

The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.

But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.

"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.

"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."

Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.

"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.

"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.
:lol: Poor guy...

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
I feel really sorry for the guy. Not only did he lose that $12,000 ring, but he found out that his finance is a total *****.
"she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."
What a total class-act<sarcasm>. The guy buys her a $12 grand ring, comes up with a romantic way of proposing, and, through no fault of his own, loses the ring to a gust of wind...and all she wants is to know when he is going to get her a new ring. I think he needs to look for someone other than a cow that thinks only of herself and her selfish, materialistic needs. She is going to be nothing but trouble down the line.

cpuerror

I feel bad for the guy, but at the same time this could be a blessing in disguise. As others have mentioned, she sounds like a real b**ch, and $12,000 is still cheaper than an eventual divorce.

CLTX11

Tim-in-TX said:
I feel really sorry for the guy. Not only did he lose that $12,000 ring, but he found out that his finance is a total *****.
"she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."
What a total class-act<sarcasm>. The guy buys her a $12 grand ring, comes up with a romantic way of proposing, and, through no fault of his own, loses the ring to a gust of wind...and all she wants is to know when he is going to get her a new ring. I think he needs to look for someone other than a cow that thinks only of herself and her selfish, materialistic needs. She is going to be nothing but trouble down the line.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Go-24

Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring.

Dude should wise up - if shes actually being like that he should kick her to the curb!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's why I laugh when I hear the jeweler's TV commercial tag line "Every kiss begins with Kay." Crack ho be cheaper bro!

N1SQB

Well!
Things happen for a reason! We used to say in the old days " Now thats a hint and a half for your A$$ ". 12K and she wont speak to him! Good Grief!

Manny

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Hopefully he had insurance. If he did, good for him. He still should kick her to the curb with the quickness. There are plenty of other girls out there that would be happy with a lot less ring than that and would probably be a lot less *****y too.

If he thinks that a $12,000.00 loss is bad, he should think HALF. Half of what he makes for the rest of his life. She probably would have hung on long enough to secure that "half" and then he would have been history.

Young, dumb and full of, um "mistakes"...

Shortwavewave

Does anyone else realize theres a 12,000$$$ Ring out there!!! I dont know about all but imma go find it....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.