• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2019-

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Sometime they are doing full runs on VHF. I hear this so often that's why I thought they were using it for primary.

Hendricks county PSAP does not have Brownsburg's VHF channel in their console.

As of yesterday's operations board meeting law ops 3 and 4 will be encrypted with no firm date set.
This was done to allow Marion and other counties to work on non E talkgroups as the board estimated Marion would have to program over 10k radios.

The county's communications advisory board meets tonight at 1800 in the 2nd floor meeting room.

All you in Henry County reminder... 2 NEW sites are being built there, and the entire County will be moving more fully onto SAFE-T usasge with far better coverage. . . before too long.
I spoke with one of the County Commissioners today and was told all public safety agencies are going to SAFE-T with two additional standalone tower sites. One site in Middletown on the existing cell tower with the space on said tower provided free of charge and the second site will be installed on the Knightstown water tower. Project expected to be completed by October or November 2019. It's each agencies decision if and when they go on the system. Main factor will be cost of radio equipment which may delay each agency going on the system.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
75% of folks that monitor do not submit data. All they care about is give me the info so I can hear blah blah blah. Why can't I hear blah blah why is not X, Y, Z listed for yadda yadda? Wahhh. No matter how much we keep telling folks that the only way the DB has the info is for y'all to SUBMIT the data.... Such is life.

75% of folks that monitor do not submit data. All they care about is give me the info so I can hear blah blah blah. Why can't I hear blah blah why is not X, Y, Z listed for yadda yadda? Wahhh. No matter how much we keep telling folks that the only way the DB has the info is for y'all to SUBMIT the data.... Such is life.
I think I did all or most of Southern Indiana.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
I live about 12 miles SE of Corydon (right next to the new Doolittle site). I listen to Harrison county along with Floyd and Clark on a regular basis. Harrison is usually pretty quiet. Tell me what it is that you want me to note and I'll be happy to report back with the findings.

I live about 12 miles SE of Corydon (right next to the new Doolittle site). I listen to Harrison county along with Floyd and Clark on a regular basis. Harrison is usually pretty quiet. Tell me what it is that you want me to note and I'll be happy to report back with the findings.
Check the database and if a tower either has no NAC code or it is incorrect submit a correction or update. I was just over by Corydon a while back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
It's one of the newest Safe-T sites located in Harrison County, Indiana. The site is actually named Doolittle Hill, named after the hill that it sits atop as well as a nearby road.

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
Rabbit Hash has existed for quite sometime. The map you provided hasn't been updated. Georgetown as well as Doolittle are new and cover "dead" areas. The Doolittle site is at the far southern tip of Floyd County. Notice that the placement was in a much needed area compared to the nearest sites.