Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2019-

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of yesterday Hendricks had yet to encrypt law ops 1-4.
The communications ops board meets Tuesday, I will get an update then.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
OK that makes it an LEA one. Maybe Brownsburg finally on? They have been using VHF.
Brownsburg is dispatched on SAFE-T talkgroup 10346 just like every other LE agency in the county. Their VHF repeater is used as a car-to-car channel.

Their RX levels vary so much here in Pittsboro I wonder if they are just using talk around on 155.535.
I never hear FCC IDs go out, I listen in CSQ.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Sometime they are doing full runs on VHF. I hear this so often that's why I thought they were using it for primary.

Hendricks county PSAP does not have Brownsburg's VHF channel in their console.

As of yesterday's operations board meeting law ops 3 and 4 will be encrypted with no firm date set.
This was done to allow Marion and other counties to work on non E talkgroups as the board estimated Marion would have to program over 10k radios.

The county's communications advisory board meets tonight at 1800 in the 2nd floor meeting room.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so just Law OPS 3, 4, and the DTF will be E? Not Car to Cars and Tactical?

jwheatley

All you in Henry County reminder... 2 NEW sites are being built there, and the entire County will be moving more fully onto SAFE-T usasge with far better coverage. . . before too long.

I spoke with one of the County Commissioners today and was told all public safety agencies are going to SAFE-T with two additional standalone tower sites. One site in Middletown on the existing cell tower with the space on said tower provided free of charge and the second site will be installed on the Knightstown water tower. Project expected to be completed by October or November 2019. It's each agencies decision if and when they go on the system. Main factor will be cost of radio equipment which may delay each agency going on the system.

c_snyder

10374 is not a county specific talkgroup. It shows up quite frequently around NE indiana.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Looking like I need to make a special ops LEMA category....Multi District SWAT, DTF, Etc....

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I tool a trip to Corydon and got a whole bunch of NACs for SAFE T which were missing. Where the heck are the folks who live in these areas?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
75% of folks that monitor do not submit data. All they care about is give me the info so I can hear blah blah blah. Why can't I hear blah blah why is not X, Y, Z listed for yadda yadda? Wahhh. No matter how much we keep telling folks that the only way the DB has the info is for y'all to SUBMIT the data.... Such is life.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
75% of folks that monitor do not submit data. All they care about is give me the info so I can hear blah blah blah. Why can't I hear blah blah why is not X, Y, Z listed for yadda yadda? Wahhh. No matter how much we keep telling folks that the only way the DB has the info is for y'all to SUBMIT the data.... Such is life.
I think I did all or most of Southern Indiana.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
I live about 12 miles SE of Corydon (right next to the new Doolittle site). I listen to Harrison county along with Floyd and Clark on a regular basis. Harrison is usually pretty quiet. Tell me what it is that you want me to note and I'll be happy to report back with the findings.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I live about 12 miles SE of Corydon (right next to the new Doolittle site). I listen to Harrison county along with Floyd and Clark on a regular basis. Harrison is usually pretty quiet. Tell me what it is that you want me to note and I'll be happy to report back with the findings.
Check the database and if a tower either has no NAC code or it is incorrect submit a correction or update. I was just over by Corydon a while back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
It's one of the newest Safe-T sites located in Harrison County, Indiana. The site is actually named Doolittle Hill, named after the hill that it sits atop as well as a nearby road.

mricketts

Premium Subscriber
Rabbit Hash has existed for quite sometime. The map you provided hasn't been updated. Georgetown as well as Doolittle are new and cover "dead" areas. The Doolittle site is at the far southern tip of Floyd County. Notice that the placement was in a much needed area compared to the nearest sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.