Hospital patch for windsor EMS/detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone knows the hospital patch when a windsor EMS has to bring someone to detroit, so far at work here beings i work right beside the tunnel, their has been a few times that ems has brought someone over to the hospital in detroit, it does not appear to be in the fleetnet ,and also does anyone know which hospital is closest to the tunnel that they would go to??

tusker305

Windsor Essex Doesn't Patch to Detroit Hospitals.The only time Michigan Units talk to Detroit Hospitals is when the patient is going to the Resuscitation Room in the ER. Life and Death, Right Now kind of stuff. Or if they need something special Decon or Security before entering the ER. Western Wayne and Down River Hospitals Require you call in everything. And trust me the reception is rather cool if you don't ( Make Reservations ) before you get there. When Windsor Essex takes a patient to Detroit the sending Doc gives a detailed report to the recieving Doc via telephone, before EMS is even notified. Windsor patients don't see the ER in Detroit unless something bad happens enroute. They are always direct admits to the Cath Lab, The Unit (ICU), Burn Unit, etc. Any Michigan patches can be monitored on either Detroit, Western Wayne, Downriver, or Washtenaw County Trunked systems All in the RR Database, Oakland County still on HEMS, I think, 155.340 or 155.400 open PL, and MED Channels 3, 4, 7, 8. Hope this helped.

tusker305

Most Patients are going to Henry Ford on the Blvd for the Cath Lab or Detroit Recieving (>16 Years), Childrens (<16 Years) in the Medical Center (Midtown) for Trauma, Burns, or Eyes.

rcvmo

Oakland County still on HEMS, I think, 155.340 or 155.400 open PL, and MED Channels 3, 4, 7, 8.

Shoot, I haven't heard OCOM in years on any of those channels. They are on the OC trunked sytems. Once the MA/COM system gets installed there, you won't hear a thang after.

Good to see one of the neighborhood FF/Medics (tusker305) on the forum.
rcvmo

tusker305

"OCOM"
Now that's a blast from the past. Please be careful using terms like that, as it tells our age.
People might think we were around when fireground communications = the Chief with a pocket full of dimes for the nearest pay phone. LOL

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
lol thanks for the info guys, ya unfortunately my scanner cannot receive P-25 system :-( (BC898T) but ya i didn't know the procedure when they are bringing someone from hotel dieu or met to a detroit receiveing hospital, apparently it was a guy that got shot here and i guess for some reason our hospitals couldn't help him for whatever reason, so they rushed him by ambulance via land ems through the tunnel and thats the last i heard...But i guess if everything is done by phone kinda hard to listen to that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.