Hot deal on Ebay - Pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI6LWI

Just thought I'd pass this one along, there's a guy on Ebay right now selling used Pro 164s for $55 shipped. I just ordered one, and figured you guys might appreciate the heads-up. I hope this does not violate any forum rules since I'm still sort of new here (been lurking for a while but only recently made an account).

Pro 164 Triple Trunking Scanner | eBay

KI6LWI

Yeah I noticed the no battery holder, going to swing by the local Rat Shack tomorrow and see if they can order one for me. I noticed that I can buy them from Scannermaster and GRE, but both places only ship via UPS and shipping is more than $10 on a $6 part *headdesk*

N1GJB

Let me know how you make out with the battery holder at the Shack. I'm considering getting one of the 164s myself but not interested in the hassle of shipping the $6 part either.

KI6LWI

Dropped by the local ratshack on my lunch break today, they happened to have an extra rechargeable battery holder from a floor model that they sold me for 5 bucks, score! Also got a tracking number for my scanner today. If it actually got mailed today, it should be here tomorrow since the seller is only about an hour away from me :D

KI6LWI

It arrived today :D Looks brand new too, so it could be a re-cased refurb, but for 30% of the off-the-shelf price, it's a winner in my book. It powers up and seems to work fine so far, haven't programmed it yet though. I'll be picking up the USB cable pretty soon, wonder what's inside that makes it so expensive; $35 for a cable sheesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.