Hot springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Thinking of taking a trip to hot springs.
Reprogramming Garland AWIN
Their P25 and Motorola.
Do I need to program the conventionals?
Thanks, Jerry

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Only conventional still primary that I know of is Hot Springs Village , Mt Pine, lifenet EMS and ER's... If City is still on old system then FD is UHF. If the new 700 is up then everyone is on it

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
There is the Garland County Simulcast for the AWIN which is now used full time by Garland SO, OEM, most of the FD's in the County. Mountain Pine, Hot Springs Village are still on VHF conventional for now but are joining the AWIN soon. City of Hot Springs has built out a new 3 tower 700 MHz P25 Phase II capable simulcast to replace its old 800 MHz analog legacy SmartNet. If they are still running on the old TRS, then only HSPD and transit are on it, with HSFD on UHF Conventional. If they are now using the 700 system, then everyone will be on that. Unknown as to if Encryption will be used, but from little birdies, they will be much like SO on AWIN is, only encrypting special ops and such. Eventually they hope to make this part of the AWIN also, but for now it will be a stand alone system. Lifenet EMS, and the hospitals are on VHF, and the AWIN. Local Patient Reporting is still on HEAR, but incoming units from other areas also contact via AWIN Trauma Comm network.

Last edited by a moderator:

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
HSPD is still running the old analog 800 system. I search for the control channel "chatter" on all 5 channels a couple of times a week. I pass all 3 sites on the way to work. Still silent. New P25 radios are currently being installed in the units.

cajunjerry

HSPD is still running the old analog 800 system. I search for the control channel "chatter" on all 5 channels a couple of times a week. I pass all 3 sites on the way to work. Still silent. New P25 radios are currently being installed in the units.
Ok so I should program the 800 system?.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Any NEW TGs on AWIN for Garland you find please do submit them, as well as if the VFD's still tone out on VHF.

Magnetsteve

Hot Springs Fire is still on UHF
Hot Springs Police is still on the SmartNet system.

Any NEW TGs on AWIN for Garland you find please do submit them, as well as if the VFD's still tone out on VHF.

All VFD's in Garland county are toned and operate on AWIN. The VHF VFD systems are still in place as backup, and tested weekly but not in full time use any longer.

LifeNet is VHF
Mountain Pine Police uses the Garland County Sheriff South VHF repeater.
Garland SO is full time AWIN.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit for now.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
I'm still listening for the rattle of the data channels for the City of Hot Springs Simulcast system. Haven't heard anything from any of the 3 sites. I have a Quick Key just for AWIN control channels, to help point antennas or just sample what sites I'm in range of. I put all the freqs in for the HS system as NFM analog, so I'll hear as soon as it comes online.

cajunjerry

I'm still listening for the rattle of the data channels for the City of Hot Springs Simulcast system. Haven't heard anything from any of the 3 sites. I have a Quick Key just for AWIN control channels, to help point antennas or just sample what sites I'm in range of. I put all the freqs in for the HS system as NFM analog, so I'll hear as soon as it comes online.
I plan to go to Albert pike park and hot springs. Are you saying, hot springs is not on AWIN? ...

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
One more time: Garland County is on AWIN, with the exceptions of Hot Springs Village, Diamond Head, and Mountain Pine. All 3 of these o towns are VHF, but will be joining the AWIN soon. CITY of Hot Springs is on UHF for Fire, and a Motorola 800 MHz SmartNet TRS for PD and Transit... They have built out an 3 site Motorola ASTRO-25 P25 Phase II capable simulcast TRS. They are finishing up installation of equipment, and should be powering it on for testing before much longer. ALL City agencies will transition to the new TRS. Once the AWIN finishes its upgrade to P25 Phase II, there are plans to convert the Hot Springs system to an AWIN simulcast site. This is still 2 to 3 years off. HSPD, and HSFD can use the AWIN for interop with Garland County, and Garland County can also use the new Hot Springs TRS when needed.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hot Springs COUNTY is combination of DMR, and AWIN. Most of the surrounding Counties are mainly AWIN with some DMR use also.

wbswetnam

Hot Springs COUNTY is combination of DMR, and AWIN. Most of the surrounding Counties are mainly AWIN with some DMR use also.

This is probably contributing to the confusion for some non-Arkansans. It is common in Arkansas to have cities and counties with the same name, and the city name not in the same county as the county name. Confused? Examples: The CITY of Van Buren is in Crawford County, but Van Buren COUNTY is in the middle of the state, no where close to the city by the same name. Similarly, the CITY of Searcy and Searcy COUNTY are completely different and no where near each other. The CITY of Conway (in Faulkner County) is not in Conway COUNTY. Ditto the CITY of Hot Springs, and Hot Springs COUNTY. Tired of this geography lesson of Arkansas yet?

cajunjerry

I'm right on the ar la line. Springhill Louisiana..Iive 12 miles from Bradley Arkansas....not close to Bradley county..yes, it is confusing me
Lol

wbswetnam

I'm here in Hot Springs this evening, a bit bummed that my 436HP is deaf to the new Garland County Simulcast. I was hoping that I could at least get the Garland County talkgroups off of the Magnet tower, but no, not a peep. I have heard (on rare occasions) Garland County SO off of the Nimrod tower from my home in Russellville. Here in Hot Springs, though, the only traffic that I've heard off of Magnet is Pulaski County and Saline County. So far I've been too cheap to invest in the SDS100; I may have to stick a crowbar in my wallet and get one now. :(

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.