Houston, Tx. What type of scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroz51

What type of scanner do I really need? I just ordered a Bearcat BCT8. I was debating over this one and the BC340CRS (100 Channels). I am new to Scanners, enjoy listening to them Alot. I know the BCT8 has trunking but I dont even know what that it is. Starting to think that I probably could have saved the extra $100 bucks by just getting the BC340CRS base scanner. Any Suggestions?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the Texas forum. Please keep localized questions out of General Scan. Thanks.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
What type of scanner do I really need? I just ordered a Bearcat BCT8. I was debating over this one and the BC340CRS (100 Channels). I am new to Scanners, enjoy listening to them Alot. I know the BCT8 has trunking but I dont even know what that it is. Starting to think that I probably could have saved the extra $100 bucks by just getting the BC340CRS base scanner. Any Suggestions?
Well, in the Houston area is pretty busy on all facets of spectrum and modes. You didn't say what your interests are but I think that you will find a trunking scanner is almost a necessity here in the Houston Metro area.

Let us know what you are interested in and we can give better advice. :)

aeroz51

I just got my Uniden BCT8 scanner today. I have been listening to POLice SRVice channel, already programmed. I was wondering how I can listen to Harris County Law Enforcement on this scanner. I like listening to law enforcement - all types, News, Fire/Ems, pretty much everything.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I just got my Uniden BCT8 scanner today. I have been listening to POLice SRVice channel, already programmed. I was wondering how I can listen to Harris County Law Enforcement on this scanner. I like listening to law enforcement - all types, News, Fire/Ems, pretty much everything.
Sorry for the delay in responding, but real life issues sometimes intrude. :)

The answer is yes for the time being. They are currently using the TxWARN Motorola system but are moving slowly to the TxWARN P25 system. Your BCT8 will handle the Moto system just fine, but not the digital one.

Status
Not open for further replies.