How can I remotely listen to the scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I know this has been discussed at length but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. I remember reading about VLC media player and port forwarding but can't remember where. Can someone point me in the right direction, is this the best method? Is it fairly simple to do? Sorry for bringing up an old topic but the search button is revealing too mant irrelevant results for me. Thank You for your guidance.

BCD536HP

gonefishn1

ProScan software is the best way! Download Proscan for a free 30 day trial. You will love it.

Proscan has a wireless connection and it works awesome!

GrandpaFrank

Thanks, I will try that, is it pretty straightforward to setup, does the audio transmit over wifi to my pc? Or do I need to connect the audio out to audio in?

gonefishn1

yes ProScan is very easy to install the software and setup. You will see the scanner screen and also hear it on your PC. The audio volume and mute are controllable. You will have full and complete control of the scanner from the PC and still have scanner front panel control.
Proscan is the best there is available today.

GrandpaFrank

Ok thanks I have it installed but am having trouble finding the port that the scanner uses. I have the IP set to static in my router, but what port?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To connect the BCD536HP Wi-Fi to ProScan

Data
1. Go to the Comm Port menu and select URL for the port.
2. Click the URL Setup button.
3. Enter in the IP address of the scanner. Example: 192.168.1.8

Audio
1. Go to the Audio Control Tab and select Web Server, Recorder, Source Client, or RSOIP depending on the feature you want to use.
2. Click the Input Sound Device box and select URL
3. Enter in the IP address of the scanner. Example: rtsp://192.168.1.5/au:scanner.au

Status
Not open for further replies.