How do I enter these frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportster64

I want to enter the PA State police freq into my RS PRO-97. Here is the problem the 154.755 freq is listed twice with the same 186.2PL. The only thing different is the "input" freq. So - How do I enter them without duplicate channels ?
Also how do I enter the CSQ toned channels - I don't see CSQ as a selection - only the 3 trunks , FM, AM ?

nexus

CSQ stands for Carrier Squelch, in lamens terms, there are no tones, there is nothing preventing a signal from opening the scanner's Squelch and hearing audio. So do nothing for anything listed as CSQ, And any tone you do enter will block any transmission by that agency who uses CSQ.

As others said only enter 154.755 mhz ONCE into your scanner, and if you wish, enter the PL 186.2 hz so it'll block everything else on that freq except that agency. And completely ignore the INPUT. That's only the transmit freq for the agency into their repeater. They transmit on the input, and it goes to their repeater which automatically rebroadcasts on 154.755 which is what everyone uses to listen to.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Entering the input freq. is sometimes useful; as you might want to know how close
a car is to your location? Food for thought??

Status
Not open for further replies.