How do I input a scanner freq n# in scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenn42

First off let me say thanks for offering this web page. I really enjoy it. Also pls forgive me if I post this in the wrong place. Just not sure where to post it at...
My question is. .. Up till recently I have been able to hear my counties Scanner activity. I am not sure what happen. Then a friend of mine turned me on to this page which is wonderful. However I am not always able to access the computer to listen to the scanner an I was wandering why aren't I able to program my Police county freq in my scanner?? Below is where I am but when I put the numbers in nothing never plays. I can be listening on here an hear it but nothing is coming across my scanner. Any help would be appreciated it. I have put the numbers in correctly just not sure if this is the correct freq numbers to use or not. I know I can hear it on your site here but not on my scanner..
My scanner is a Radio Shack 200channrl pro-2048 800MHZ ..

460.15000 465.15000 WPYL382 RM 103.5 PL Roane SD Dsp Sheriff's Department - Dispatch (including Rockwood Police) FM Law Dispatch

thank you for any input I can get.

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
According to the information provided by the WEB Feed host, Roane county has moved from the 460.15 UHF frequency to the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System which is a P25 digital system. To receive the new system will require a scanner capable of decoding P25 transmissions. These radios are priced in the $399 and up price range. Radio Shack models are the Pro-106 or Pro-18 hand held or the Pro-197 desktop. Older Radio Shack scanners that are available on the used market are the Pro-96 hand held or the Pro-2096 desk top. Tha Radio Shack scanners are made bu GRE which also sells their own versions and Uniden also makes and sells scanners capable of decoding P25 transmissions.

tenn42

Thank you ever so much for your quick reply. That is what I was afraid I was going to get told. So I will just have to look for these models that you mentioned an then it will work just fine. Thanks again.!

According to the information provided by the WEB Feed host, Roane county has moved from the 460.15 UHF frequency to the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System which is a P25 digital system. To receive the new system will require a scanner capable of decoding P25 transmissions. These radios are priced in the $399 and up price range. Radio Shack models are the Pro-106 or Pro-18 hand held or the Pro-197 desktop. Older Radio Shack scanners that are available on the used market are the Pro-96 hand held or the Pro-2096 desk top. Tha Radio Shack scanners are made bu GRE which also sells their own versions and Uniden also makes and sells scanners capable of decoding P25 transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.