How do I program my dad's BC355N Uniden scanner with the codes he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadonanggab4

My dad got this scanner for Christmas and is very excited. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program in the local numbers that he has given me. Can anyone PLEASE walk me through from start to finish? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aa3rt

La Plata, Charles Co, MD MP 38.8 on the Pope's Cre
You have used the terms "codes" and "numbers"-I'm assuming that what you're wanting to do is program local frequencies in the private memory bank? If you haven't done so already, start with page 51 of the owner's manual. If you didn't receive a manual I've provided the link. Programming one of these scanners can be a bit tedious on the first attempt but is actually fairly straightforward (And easily learned).

http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/BC355Nom.pdf

N8IAA

My dad got this scanner for Christmas and is very excited. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program in the local numbers that he has given me. Can anyone PLEASE walk me through from start to finish? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your dad might not be so excited when he finds out he can only listen to Morgantown. The county has gone to the WVIRP, P-25 digital statewide system.
You may want to ask in the WV state forum, further down the forums page, for more info on using the BC355N in your area.
HTH,
Larry

Blackink

Your Expertise....

Your dad might not be so excited when he finds out he can only listen to Morgantown. The county has gone to the WVIRP, P-25 digital statewide system.
You may want to ask in the WV state forum, further down the forums page, for more info on using the BC355N in your area.
HTH,
Larry

I want to thank you for providing so much help to us newbie's here on these forums.

Every time I read one of your posts, you give great advice and/or help to somebody that may not have a clue about what is going on or that they may have a clue but might have overlooked something while trying to understand and program their scanner.

Thank You for providing such great wisdom.
I, and I'm sure many others here will agree with me, appreciate every bit of expertise you provide to us.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Morgantown/Monongalia Co

Shadon

As Larry has already mentioned your dad will be limited to what he'll be able to monitor due to Monongalia Co being 100% on the WV SIRN Digital Trunked System. I think Mon Co fire & ems traffic may still be simulcasted on VHF so he'll be able to get those. I don't think, however, that the Morgantown agencies are simulcasting:(

73s hope this helps

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.