how do I program my scanner with Roane County Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenn42

I tried using the Freq codes that are listed on this site, but nothing is coming through on my scanner.. however when I listen to it on here it works.. Any help would be appreciated.

460.15000 465.15000 WPYL382 RM 103.5 PL Roane SD Dsp Sheriff's Department - Dispatch (including Rockwood Police) FM Law Dispatch

my scanner is a Radio Shack Pro 2048

OCO

tenn42:
The live audio that you listen to is coming from Roane County's talk groups on the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System. That's a trunked Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) system. I'm sorry to tell you, but your Pro-2048 (made for RS by Uniden! ) is not a trunk tracking scanner. The frequencies that you listed are what they used to use and may still have some type of traffic, but not what you are hearing on the Radio Reference live audio feed.....

Last edited:

tenn42

I was afraid that was what I was going to get told.. Thank you very much for your response. It is very appreciated.

W9NES

tenn 42, In order to hear what you need to hear you will need a scanner that is Digital.The scanner you have in Analog and this is the reason why you are not hearing you local SO Sheriff's Department.Radio Shack does sell both a Base/Mobile Pro-197 and a Radio Shack Pro-106 that are Digital. Also Uniden makes a Uniden 996XT Base/Mobile along with a Uniden 396XT Handheld".Both the Radio Shack and The Uniden scanners will work just fine." I do agree with the others that this is what you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.