How do I program this frequency??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroz51

I have a BCT8, learning how to use it. I only listen to the pre-programmed channels. I would like to program more. I noticed that the frequency's have more numbers than the scanner accepts, wont take the last digit. For example:
Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.93250 KWH351 RM 146.2 PL WallerSO VHF "County 1" Sheriff VHF Repeater (Primary on STARNET) FM Law Talk
155.76000 KWH351 RM 146.2 PL Waller Fire "County 2" Fire Dispatch/EMS Paging (all except Katy and Brookshire) FM Multi-Dispatch

Here I entered frequency 155.9325 because I cannot enter 155.93250 (only accepts 7 digits); then I press Hold/Resume to store it and I get an "Error". I dont understand!!

n5ims

The manual indicates that on the VHF-Hi band, the default step size (the minimum the scanner will tune) is 5 kHz so it would jump from 155.930 to 155.935. This would indicate that 155.9325 wouldn't ba a valid frequency for that scanner on that band. You might want to try one of the two valid frequencies on either side to see if they would allow you to pick up what you want.

Another option (if possible) might to be to switch from 5 kHz step rate to a 12.5 kHz step rate. This may allow you to directly tune the desired frequency. I didn't see in the manual how this would be done, or even it it was possible to change the step rate on that band.

Sorry, but I don't have a BCT-8 to directly try anything at this point though. You might want to check out this thread (http://forums.radioreference.com/texas-radio-discussion-forum/8546-amr-freqs-bct8.html) for a similar issue for another BCT-8 user.

aeroz51

What frequencies can I program? All the frequencies that are on RR and other sites have over 7 digits! Maybe I should return this scanner?? I thought the BCT8 was suppose to be a good scanner. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.