How can the FCC licence GMRS freqs??!
:confused:

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 378

af5rn

From Wikipedia:

"Prior to July 31, 1987, the FCC issued GMRS licenses to non-individuals (corporations, partnerships, government entities, etc). These licensees are grandfathered in and may renew their existing licenses, but no new GMRS licenses are being issued to non-individuals, nor may existing non-individual licensees make major modifications to their licenses."

I'm guessing these are old licenses that some bureaucrat is continuing to renew.

n2mdk

If you look it up in the FCC database it's no longer listed so that info is most likely old.

bezking

af5rn said:
From Wikipedia:

"Prior to July 31, 1987, the FCC issued GMRS licenses to non-individuals (corporations, partnerships, government entities, etc). These licensees are grandfathered in and may renew their existing licenses, but no new GMRS licenses are being issued to non-individuals, nor may existing non-individual licensees make major modifications to their licenses."

I'm guessing these are old licenses that some bureaucrat is continuing to renew.

A ha. That explains it.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

n2mdk said:
If you look it up in the FCC database it's no longer listed so that info is most likely old.

Not necessarily. The ...foss license searches don't show GMRS.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
And neither does the ULS search if you are looking by frequency.

However, if you do by geography, you can find them; that is how I found KAB9887 when I was in Amarillo. And as you can see it specifies what frequency is allowed to be used.

Astro25

Mall Security here has 462.55 in some of their radios as a "tactical" channel the last time I visited there.

jb872033

Is there like a mall SWAT team there??? lol...i think it would make a whole lot more sense to just call it channel 2 or something, lol

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.