How do you rearrange favorites list home patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

What do you mean exactly, the systems in the lists or the FL themselves? Your quentions a bit vague.

McP

I think he means under the favorites lists. I want to do the same thing. It seems Sentinel places the favorites lists in the order they are entered. But one of the last ones I entered is what I'd like to see first on my HP Favorites list. Right now, I have to scroll down to get to it when accessing my favorites.

I researched and found another post that said ARC Patrol lets you re-order your favorites lists, but does Sentinel let you do that?

OCO

McP - as far as I can tell, you are correct in the ordering process. If you delete a Favorite, Sentinel will number the next new Favorite with that number, so nothing is in sequence at that point. ArcPatrol 2 will reorder them - you can do a quick alpha sort or manually bump them up and down in the list. The file name appears to be the same, but when you load them back into the HP1, they will be in the sorted order and will scan in that order. AP 2 is modifying a copy of the Favorites_lists.config file.. mitbr:glad you asked, it bumped my curiosity up enough to try it..

Last edited:

mitbr

McP - as far as I can tell, you are correct in the ordering process. If you delete a Favorite, Sentinel will number the next new Favorite with that number, so nothing is in sequence at that point. ArcPatrol 2 will reorder them - you can do a quick alpha sort or manually bump them up and down in the list. The file name appears to be the same, but when you load them back into the HP1, they will be in the sorted order and will scan in that order. AP 2 is modifying a copy of the Favorites_lists.config file.. mitbr:glad you asked, it bumped my curiosity up enough to try it..

Is there a way to modify the favorites config file via text editor and if so where can it be found?
Thanks
Tim

McP

Seems like this wouldn't be hard to include in Sentinel (bumping favorites lists names up and down) - if it's not already there somewhere.

mitbr - my favorites config file is at Documents->Uniden->Home Patrol->Favoritelists

The config file in mine shows the current order Sentinel is placing them with numbers, then each numbered list. I'm no guru at computers, so I'm hesitant to change anything.

Last edited:

mitbr

Seems like this wouldn't be hard to include in Sentinel (bumping favorites lists names up and down) - if it's not already there somewhere.

mitbr - my favorites config file is at Documents->Uniden->Home Patrol->Favoritelists

The config file in mine shows the current order Sentinel is placing them with numbers, then each numbered list. I'm no guru at computers, so I'm hesitant to change anything.

Ok here is how to do this......
go to Documents->Uniden->Home Patrol->Favoritelists
Then click on the favorite lists folder it will contain a number of files. DO NOT CHANGE THE HPD FILES. You want to open up the favorites_lists.config file in notepad, then rearrange the order the way you want to. Save the file and upload to your hp1 in Sentinel MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SAVED COPY OF YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE LIST. When you write to the hp1 put a check mark in the box... erase favorites list on home patrol reboot and your done.

To make this easier I made the favorite list folder a shortcut on my desktop for quicker access.....

Hope this helps others
Tim
kg4jjs

mitbr

How to rearrange your favorites list order on the HP1 screen

Then click on the favorite lists folder it will contain a number of files. DO NOT CHANGE THE HPD FILES. You want to open up the favorites_lists.config file in notepad, then rearrange the order the way you want to. Save the file and upload to your hp1 in Sentinel MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SAVED COPY OF YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE LIST. When you write to the hp1 put a check mark in the box... erase favorites list on home patrol reboot and your done.

To make this easier I made the favorite list folder a shortcut on my desktop for quicker access.....

Hope this helps others
Tim
kg4jjs

McP

Thanks Tim!

Hope this helps others
Tim
kg4jjs

Status
Not open for further replies.