How does DSD+ output the raw data just after demodulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentSdr

Hi,can the DSD+(including DSD+2.165) has parameters to output the raw data just after the demodulation and before decoding.I failed to get the raw data after googling a lot.May some experts help me solve it?Thank you in advance.

S

simpilo

Hi,can the DSD+(including DSD+2.165) has parameters to output the raw data just after the demodulation and before decoding.I failed to get the raw data after googling a lot.May some experts help me solve it?Thank you in advance.

You need one of these. VB-Audio cable(donationware) or Virtual Cables(payware). If you're trying to monitor a P25 PII system you need to run in TCP mode (no virtual audio cables). CC-FMP24 and CC-DSDPlus for the control channel. VC-FMP24 and VC-DSDPlus for voice following the control channel.

I went ahead and made help text files for everyone who needs them. In those text files are all the command line options as well as all the active keys we use. If there are 'easter eggs' I have no idea.

Attachments

• DSDPlus-help.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 60
  • fmp24-help.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 41

AgentSdr

Thank you very much for you kind help.I have done the whole process with SDR# ,VB-Audio cable and DSD+ and it works well,but I need the raw data just after demodulation saved in some type of file on my computer i.e. the raw 0 and 1 data. The DSD+ has decoded the raw data and then displayed them on the DSD+ channel activity. I want to learn the P25 protocol with the raw o and 1 data from which we can find something like frame synchronization . If any further suggestions ,pls let me know. Thank you again(y)

S

simpilo

Thank you very much for you kind help.I have done the whole process with SDR# ,VB-Audio cable and DSD+ and it works well,but I need the raw data just after demodulation saved in some type of file on my computer i.e. the raw 0 and 1 data. The DSD+ has decoded the raw data and then displayed them on the DSD+ channel activity. I want to learn the P25 protocol with the raw o and 1 data from which we can find something like frame synchronization . If any further suggestions ,pls let me know. Thank you again(y)

Just press the 'r' key to start raw data recording. Press 'r' again to stop the raw data recording. It gets saved in the DSDPlus folder as a .wav extension.

AgentSdr

Yes,it did not record the data , May you tell me how to do it,it seems no obvious parameters to get the binary data:D

S

simpilo

Try Trunk Recorder. Sounds like control channel data you're wanting.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I assume you are looking for framing data, HDU, LDUs etc etc... that sort of stuff? If so, DSD+ doesn't display that level of detail. If that's what you are looking for your best bet would be OP25.

boatbod

I can't answer for DSD+ but op25 has the capability to log demodulated raw dibit symbols to a binary file which can then be post-processed to look for framing sequences and so forth. You can also take the same binary file and replay it back into op25 just as if it were receiving from over the air.

rx.py -r dump.bin [save to file]
rx.py --symbols=dump.bin [read from file]

Status
Not open for further replies.