• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

how is multiselect handled on p25/phase-1/9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say as a scanner listener I prefer the smartnet/3600 systems so i can tune into the status bit/multiselected hot tones for some agencies without listening to all the other "fluff"..

does anyone know how p25/phase-1/9600 are handled on the scanner end?

lets say an agency multiselects 4 channels to simulcast a hot tone going out:

CH-1 not encrypted
CH-2 encrypted
CH-3 encrypted
CH-4 not encrypted

obviously the bcd-396t for example would not hear the hot tones on ch-2 or ch-3 as they are encrypted. and i would assume the hot tones would go out on ch-1 or ch-4 for the actual users on the radio system that don't have the encryption key for ch-2/ch-3 loaded on their radio. the tones would not go out on ch-1 AND ch-4 would they? that would mean its going out on multiple frequencies which nulls the purpose of the trunked systems...

any info appreciated! starting a brainstorming session. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.