How many Watts for a external Speaker on the BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

I am planning on purchasing a external Speaker for my Uniden BCD536HP & was wondering how many Watts in a external Speaker I need, should look for or is maximum allowed for the External Speaker Port on the BCD536HP?

I am looking at & considering the Uniden BC15, Uniden BC20, the Midland 21-406, and the
RoadPro RPSP-15 which all have & offer different Watts.

Thanks Radio Reference Members. Any info or advice is appreciated.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I use a Vertex MLS external speaker rated at 12 watts and 4 ohms with my BCD536HP and the audio is nice and clean and about knocks me out of my chair with vol @ 10 or above. I use the Uniden BC20 with my SDS200 and I am amazed at the sound, nice and clear and full and rich. I was so impressed that when I got my 2nd SDS200 I also paired it with another BC20. Love that speaker. You won't be disappointed, not at all.

JD
kf4anc

CorwinScansNM

Thanks every so far for who has responded to my RR Thread for the info & recommendations on purchasing a External Speaker for my Uniden BCD536HP Scanner. It looks like I am going to be starting off basic & affordable with the Uniden BC20 currently going for $27.99 & then down the road sooner or later, possibly the highly Recommended Vertex MLS-100 that runs in the $50 range. :)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've got an MLS-100 in a UTV hooked up to a Motorola CDM VHF radio. Works really well.

If you are good with soldering, you can also get the old Motorola external speakers. Those are pretty good, too. You can often find them on e-Bay really cheap, or at amateur radio swap meets if you have any in your area.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Motorola speakers are great, BUT, they are a little more on the bass side, so they can make an HP or SDS on digital sound a bit more muffled escpecially as you get to max audio output. I am comparing your standard 8omh 7.5 watt Moto speaker against the bearcat speakers, which have a more trebble tone to them, which is really tinny on a Whistler I might add, which is devoid of bass to begin with.

What are the output spcs for the 996 and SDS200...the HP is 5 watts?

Paul

blackbelter

I have a professional grade VALOR shoulder speaker from Klien electronics which I have connected to my 436 and it’s sounds at volume level 1 are loud enough to be heard through the entire a relatively large room . Amazing .

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Those Valors might be the ticket for a portable handheld scanner, but not for a mobile/base unit such as what the OP asked about. I've been looking at that Valor speaker mic now and then for some time now but balked at yet another battery to charge. Heard nothing but good about them, tho.

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.