How Much Is Too Much And Where Does It Stop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Factor

Thanks

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300, IC-PW1, ID-5100A, ID-51A Plus 2, IC-R30, Hytera PD782G, Kenwood TH-D74, Uniden SDS100, DVMega, SDRplay RSPduo

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Every hobby I've had is expensive. The classic "levels" of cost is $400 for something good and $1000 for something great, and this only recently has been exceeded in a lot of cases. In the gun hobby, $400 can still buy you a lot of very decent new handguns, and $1000 gets you into a lot of REALLY nice guns of all types. I just spent $800 on my SDS200 with DMR, extended warranty and a couple of other accessories. My big purchase recently is the car in my avatar last July as an early birthday present to myself. A 2018 Challenger Scat Pack, 485 HP of fun.
scattorred.jpg

Who knows how long I've got and I decided that I had the money to put down on it to get the payments reasonable, and so I went for it. I love the thing. I also recently built a new PC that was pretty high end and cost a fair chunk of change. Toys aren't free, but life wouldn't be much fun without them.

jhooten

Every hobby I've had is expensive. The classic "levels" of cost is $400 for something good and $1000 for something great, and this only recently has been exceeded in a lot of cases. In the gun hobby, $400 can still buy you a lot of very decent new handguns, and $1000 gets you into a lot of REALLY nice guns of all types. I just spent $800 on my SDS200 with DMR, extended warranty and a couple of other accessories. My big purchase recently is the car in my avatar last July as an early birthday present to myself. A 2018 Challenger Scat Pack, 485 HP of fun.
View attachment 71121

Who knows how long I've got and I decided that I had the money to put down on it to get the payments reasonable, and so I went for it. I love the thing. I also recently built a new PC that was pretty high end and cost a fair chunk of change. Toys aren't free, but life wouldn't be much fun without them.

I went with the Durango SRT for my second (third) childhood car. I don't have to climb up into it like with the 4X4 Dually or fall in to it like the Challenger.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
My big purchase recently is the car in my avatar last July as an early birthday present to myself. A 2018 Challenger Scat Pack, 485 HP of fun.

I just bought a ‘19 Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude with the 5.7L Hemi. Not quite the beast that’s any of the lineup with the 6.4, but it’s still a whole bunch of “Holy S@@t“ when ya punch it. This is our second one with the 5.7.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I had a 2010 Challenger R/T that I traded on the new car. The 5.7 was fun, and I really liked the car. I decided that when I had the money together to buy the new one, I would, and would get it exactly as I wanted. Finding a Scat Pack without a sunroof with the options I wanted in a decent color locally was like looking for a pot of gold. If I went and looked at cars in any direction of 50 miles or more, there they were. At the dealer my car came from, there were 7 identically equipped cars like mine, pick your color. The only thing missing was one in Yellow Jacket, which was my #1 pick. I took TorRed, and red is always great. If they didn't make the Challenger any more, a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 would probably be my pick, I'm still not crazy about the Charger's looks, but it does look a lot better now than when I had mine from '07 to '10.

Status
Not open for further replies.