How often do you update your scanner with RR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

How often do you update

If your are a premium member of RR you can set up which county/trunk sytems/ agencies you wish to "watch" on the RR watchlist. RR will let you know of any changes/updates by shading the your watchlist selections with a green background. I have all my favorite sytems marked to watch.( about 12).

Lew in SC

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
If your are a premium member of RR you can set up which county/trunk sytems/ agencies you wish to "watch" on the RR watchlist. RR will let you know of any changes/updates by shading the your watchlist selections with a green background. I have all my favorite sytems marked to watch.( about 12).

Lew in SC

Gotcha Thanks!

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Updating

Myself, I make up all my lists by hand. I don't use the d/l feature. If there is a change, it's no biggie to add or delete, or even change the text.

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Out of necessity. My scanners all but went quiet a couple of months ago. A little research in the RR Wiki taight me that Montgomery County, MD had done a bit of rebanding. All the changes were made and now the thing won't shut up!

By the way, is one a premium member forever or must we "re-enlist"? I'll gladly pay $20.00 today for frequencies tomorrow!:D

robschonk

Lets define "update"

The database (scanlists) in my PSR-800 are a work in progress. I'm continually editing the alpha tags, flash patterns for the LED, etc. and sending the changes to the scanner.

Updating from the RR database with the supplied software couldn't be easier. When I've got the software open, I just click on the update button. The changes for the PSR-800 are posted once a week, on Saturday. I then can update the talkgroups, or import anything new. I'm careful to uncheck the block that updates alpha tags.

I usually don't update the nationwide database on the card in the scanner, because it takes a bit of time. Still, once a month or so, when the radio's just sitting.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I "update" both my 700 & 800 about every two weeks to keep the library on the SD cards current.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

tampatracker

Every week. I have numerous configurations for the various states I travel to, and to keep up with all of them using the database alone won't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.