• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

How this husband survived Sex and the City

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I decided to be the good husband and take the wife to dinner and to see Sex and the City, which is the ultimate Chick Flick. This wife of mine has the entire series on DVD, watches the original version on HBO and then the edited version on broadcast TV, reads the books and generally loves the insipid show. She even wants to go to NYC and take one of those SATC tours where they point out all the places the show takes place. I drew the line at that, I hate New York and the only reason I would go back there is to watch the Cubs play the Yankees in the World Series. (Looks like it might be a Red Line series this year though!)

My wife is deaf so we try to see movies that are captioned and I found a theatre with captioning 45 minutes away that had a 7PM showtime, bought tickets on Fandango and off we went. I figured with the captioning I wouldn't have to interpret the movie for her and we could both enjoy the 2 1/2 hours.

We get there about 6:15 and the 7PM show is already sold out and the line is out the door. Since we already had tickets we knew we would get in, but the seat selection would be poor. When we went to the ticket window we showed our Fandango printout, got our tickets and requested the caption screen. The manager retrieved it and offered to seat us first so we could find a good seat where she could see the captions and movie better. We took him up and settled in to a decent seat.

When the rest of the people came into the theatre I realized that I was one of only 4 men in the whole place. There is something to be said for being on a theatre full of women who have sex on their minds, too bad I was with my wife... Now I will admit I look a lot more like the bald fat guy that plays the husband of Charlotte than the movie star guy that Samantha lived with (Kill me now, I even remember the character names!) but I still got a lot of attention for the 45 minutes of chatter amongst all the hens.

After the movie started I dozed off here and there but usually was awoken by the cackling of the hens or occasionally the 396 catching the local FD. I did catch bits and pieces of the movie between the z's and I was surprised at how the girls have not aged well, except for Charlotte (still hot and the only one that is attractive at all...). The other three all look like they have been rode hard and put away wet. Carrie looks like she is strung out, I guess living with Inspector Gadget will do that to ya. The red head (Can't remember her name) just looks mean, like she has IBS or something. The big blonde Samantha has never done it for me, even in her younger days, now she just looks fat.

After 2 1/2 hours I was well rested and the wife was happy. A nice ride home in the car with a stop at Barnes & Noble so she could buy the SATC book that came out at the same time as the movie and she was ecstatic. I figure now was a great time to ask for something I haven't had in a long time... at least a year! She said no to the new laptop however, maybe later.

jerk

Well, there is always New York, and you can pick a computer and a scanner up at a bargain rate while she goes on the "tour."

Wow, denied the laptop after making the ultimate sacrifice...

How the heck could you hear the 396? Do you use sound cancelling earbuds?
The volume level at movies is usually huge!
I don't think I could get away with listening to a scanner while at the movies with my wife.
Would be too many "looks" and comments about how she'll run into someone she knows.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Dude, she owes you BIG TIME! I cant even imagine the clucking.

My fiance wont watch that silly show thank god. All I know is that that jessica parker looks like someone lit her face on fire and put it out with an axe, and that scrawney blonde bobblehead thing is "married" to some hermaphroditic ginger Frodo.

God forbid you take too long to in noticing a nice natural fit female jogging along the road taking care of herself with your wife in the car, but they get their "submissive whipped male" movie.......:roll:

Its either you go get that laptop, or she gets to accompany you and 10 of your buddies to the dingiest, dirtiest, pealer in town.:cool:

jerk

Good point.. think ill go to a theatre just to pick up some girls
Umm, read the news articles and reviews...
the men there are not there to meet women... Of course you might get a woman who wants to change the man.... does have possibilities. ;)

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
The kind of women you would meet there are the ones that would let you visit your cods' only on holidays and your birthday.

The rest of the time they are stored in a closet, in a shoebox, behind their Manolo's.

Stay away at all costs.

Hah, yeah valtrex isnt cheap!:lol:

SCPD

I took my daughter to Hanna Montana 3D, I brought my scanner along. When the 3D action showed up I ended up enjoying the show! Better 3D technology now then back in the day! I have a radio with me wherever I go. My Wife and her family routinley speak in there native language and watch TV in that said language when we are all together, I listen to the Local whatever and I'm happy! The hobby has saved my sanity many a time! :)

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I went to see it with my wife and I enjoyed it. I will say that I did watch the series with my wife, so I knew the story line. I will also say that the women at the theater were actually checking me out. Once we got our seats, I went back for popcorn. I heard the announcement overhead that the movie had sold out (people were still lined out the door). The damn security guard (a nice looking woman) told me that she was going to "search me"... It was kind of funny as to how all the women in that theater were acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.