How to adjust P25 response time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimvm

P25 AGC Settings
To access these settings:
1. Press [HOLD] while turning on the scanner.
2. Turn on the Digital AGC option.
3. Tune to a digital channel.
4. While receiving a P25 signal, hold F then tap the scroll knob. The scanner displays the current
P25 RES TIME parameter setting (see below for option details).
5. Rotate the scroll control to change the setting.
6. F+rotate the scroll to select another setting.
Parameters:
P25 RES TIME
Range: -8 to +8
This parameter determines how frequently the AGC factor updates. Decreasing this value makes
AGC respond faster, but could result in “pumping.” A higher value decreases the response time.
P25 REF GAIN
Range: -5 to +5
This parameter determines the reference level that AGC attempts to adjust the volume to. If
digital/analog volume is not matched, adjust this parameter.
----- question ----------
Step 4: Hold F and tap the scroll knob! How do you do this? I press the scroll knob,
let go and tap it again and all I can do is change systems. This is confusing.
Having to wait for a xmision can take several minutes, frustrating.

I just want to reset my digital agc to 0,0.

tnx for any help, I feel really bad this time because I actually quit using my BCD996T on
P25 cause it sounded so bad. Was hoping that the new firmware would improve the cliping and digital noise whilst receiving a strong P25 repeater on one channel, 155.700MHz. Maybe I am asking too much, this is the way P25 sounds, just like cell
phones.

jim

bpsmicro

So on a 996, how do you "hold F then tap the scroll knob" since they're the *same* thing? That's what the original poster was asking (and me too!).

n4yek

bpsmicro said:
So on a 996, how do you "hold F then tap the scroll knob" since they're the *same* thing? That's what the original poster was asking (and me too!).
The instructions you are reading are for the 396, not the 996.

jimvm

P25 response time adjust

OK, I figured it out by trial and error. The release notes forgot to mention to push the
volume knob after holding on 'F'.

With this new firmware installed, is it possible some of the old instructions will not work the
same?

I know UPMan is busy, when you get the time (maybe you fly American), can you tell us if
the P25 settings that are adjustable are global, system, group and channel wide or do we
have to adjust for every slot?

regards,

jim

ecarvalho

Anyone knows what the ideal analog and digital response times should be on 996T ? Both are set to zero on mine at this time.
Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The default values were determined to work best in general during beta testing (i.e. the settings were "normalized" to 0).

The link doesn't work...probably because it has been over a year since it was posted and things have a way of changing over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.