How to change to blue display on BCD536HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HagueGuy

I am seeing a lot of screenshots of the display on the BCD536HP where the display is blue.
How do I change the background display color for the white to blue, or is this even possible?
Thanks!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You would have to disassemble the scanner and replace the SMD display backlight LEDs with LEDs of a different color. It can be done, but don't try it unless you have advanced-level skills soldering extremely tiny devices.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I just sent an older 536hp in with the fading blue light, but my newer one has the white display which I like better. I'm hoping that the fading blue display will be replaced with a white despite I didn't make that specific request or they no longer use the blue back light? White is much easier to see..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I just sent an older 536hp in with the fading blue light, but my newer one has the white display which I like better. I'm hoping that the fading blue display will be replaced with a white despite I didn't make that specific request or they no longer use the blue back light? White is much easier to see..

I contacted Uniden Repair today. This isn't white, but Cyan, which the repaired unit will be replaced with. I wouldn't recommend blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.