How to disable Tone-Out on BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus1

Tone-Out is of no use in the UK as the system is simply not used. I have checked that both tones on all 32 tone-out channels are set to 0. Yet the scanner constantly brings up a Tone-Out screen whenever I switch CloseCall on or off [Function Squelch]. The manual explains how to set tones up but doesn't say what to do if you don't want it.
How do I disable it?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Tone-out is something that is not on by default, I believe.

If it happens to be on, you may try:

Press Menu. Scroll to Tone-Out for... and press ./No.

The manual describes Tone-Out beginning on page 76.

Voyager

FTO is a function. To disable it, simply don't select it. It has no effect whatsoever on scanning or anytime when not specifically used.

trunker

Tone-Out is of no use in the UK as the system is simply not used. I have checked that both tones on all 32 tone-out channels are set to 0. Yet the scanner constantly brings up a Tone-Out screen whenever I switch CloseCall on or off [Function Squelch]. The manual explains how to set tones up but doesn't say what to do if you don't want it.
How do I disable it?
Func then SQ turns Tone-out on. You want to press just SQ to toggle CC modes (or press and hold for CC Only). Func then SYSTEM will exit any mode to scan mode. Guess there's not enough room for a 'Scan' button. A lot of times you can 'escape' with AVOID (in the menus, but not this time).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.