• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

How to ID Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
I've used radio reference.com to ID frequencies in my (and surrounding) counties, but when I search For active frequencies, I often come up with frequencies not listed on RR.com. I've also found several "unofficial" lists of local frequencies, but they often don't list these frequencies either. Is there a site that can ID the user of a given frequency in my area? What info does the FCC provide?

License Search - Advanced License Search

Enter as much information in the fields as you can, just make sure what you are putting in is accurate.

It'll spit out what is in the database that matches your information.
If you get a "hit", it'll give you the full FCC license, which will include who holds the license, what other frequencies are under that license, what the emission designators are. What the location of the transmitters are. RF power, antenna height, etc.

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
This is a HUGE help, I've been writing down a bunch of ID's that pop up during my listening that are undocumented on RR's database. Due to the sites being set to "ID Search", it's pulling up a lot of ID's that aren't recorded but receive regular (if not frequent) traffic. As soon as I get them identified, I'll look into updating the database for those areas.

Big thumbs up for both the question and the answers! Thanks guys! 👍

You aren't going to find talkgroup IDs in the FCC database, just site frequencies and locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.