How to use RR Web Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustman219

Premium Subscriber
Hope someone can help me out with this. New to the game.
I have a BC246T. Trying to figure out how to "Import" and/or "Clipboard" the RRWS frequancies I choose to transfer to my scanner!
I keep tabing on both options but nothing "seems" to be happening.
What am I NOT doing or is this totally not the way to program the scanner?
Any help would be appreciated. Need a "how to" video. Sure would be easier than trying to follow the manual!
Happy New Year!
The Dustman

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What software are you using to import the frequencies into?

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
First
You need to have Software to download from the Radio Reference Database and also upload to your model radio. For the BC246T I recommend download and installing Freescan on your computer.

Download it from here- Blue button labeled download top of the page.
ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!
Next step may not be so easy . You need to establish if you have a serial port available to connect radio to. If yes then you can make the connection to the computer using the cable supplied with radio.
If not then you may need to buy a special cable to connect your radio to your usb port and download drivers to support it. See Scanmaster – maybe able to supply cable. You can purchase cable here
Uniden Bearcat BC246T TrunkTracker Scanner, BC-246T .
Drivers need to be installed available from Uniden web site for your version of windows
Readup on how to download from radio reference from freescan online help.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
He's using Arc246. So to answer your question, you'll need to address that to the ARC people. It's not a RR issue.

captclint

Mentor
Hope someone can help me out with this. New to the game.
I have a BC246T.
I keep tabing on both options but nothing "seems" to be happening.
Ok, rdale feels you are using ARC246, and I agree since it has the import & copy tabs. I think you have clicked on the Internet menu, and selected RR. From there, you are asked to use your log-in for this site. You need to hit connect before you can click on any tabs. Once you are connected, you need to click on your state in the drop down box, and then your county. Once you have done that, you can click on the 3 colored tabs which start with Conventional. I would start with the conventional tab. That will show every agency and frequency for your county. You can select ALL or just click in the box next to each agency to select just some of them to download. Once you have selected some or all of the systems, you should be able to click on IMPORT and they will download to your software. Do not use Copy to Clip board. Then you can then download to your scanner.

If you are not able to get that far, one thing you must do is be sure you have the latest ARC256. If you just downloaded, or just bought the disc, then you are OK. It should show 3.2 build 3 in the help/about menu. I should also ask if you have a serial port, or do you only have USB ports. If only USB, you will need an adapter cable to download to the scanner, but that will have nothing to do with downloading frequencies into your software.

Also, you need to go to the User CP menu above, and add either your city or county under "edit your details" so we can be of more specific help if you need help with trunking or other things specific to your area.

Last edited:

dustman219

Premium Subscriber
Happy New Year Clint!
I've been gone for a while, but I wanted to thank you for your help. I will try your suggestions. Actually, I have completed those steps with the exception of saving data into my CPU. I thought it could go directly into the scanner. I'll have to bone up on how to save it to my CPU and then to the scanner.
Hope your 2010 is outstanding!
Kind regards.
Dusty

captclint

Mentor
Happy New Year Clint!
Actually, I have completed those steps with the exception of saving data into my CPU.
I think you are confusing CPU with User CP, which is a menu choice on this web page, and has nothing to do with your software, or saving your download. I was just asking you to update your profile for this site so we can know your location, which we may need to help you in the future.

However, you do want to save the things you downloaded into your software as well. You can save all systems, or create a profile with all your favorite systems. You will find Profile Creator on the File menu.

dustman219

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again! When I refer to a CPU, that's my computer. I didn't know that I had to save the frequency group to the computer and then transfer to the radio scanner.
Thanks again and have a great 2010.
Dusty

dustman219

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks again for the wisdom.
When I use the term CPU, I'm referring to my computer. Sorry for the confussion.
I will try your suggestion. Actually, I've done all of them but the last.
I thought I loaded the scanner directly from the web site from the DATA tab.
I didn't realize that tou had to first download the data into the computer first.
I've been tring, but I can't seem to do it. !#%&%#
Can you or someone else please help me with the step by step to downlaod the Fulton Co., GA. file?
Or is there a place that will show me how to do this. I know it shouldn't be that hard, but it's always dificult the first time you try to do something totally new for the first time.
Many thanks to and anyone who can help me out.
Dusty

captclint

Mentor
Can you or someone else please help me with the step by step to downlaod the Fulton Co., GA. file?
My 12/29 post was a step by step to get the data into your software. Assuming you got it into the software, all you do next is to click on the BC246 menu, and select Send data. If you only want to send the Fulton Co., GA systems, then just select them, select send selected systems AND Overwrite systems with same name. Then send. If you want to send everything in your software, then select Send ALL systems, but just be sure you select Overwrite systems with same name each time you do this.

If you can't get Fulton Co., GA downloaded into the software with my instructions, then tell me where you get stuck

N8IAA

Thanks again for the wisdom.
When I use the term CPU, I'm referring to my computer. Sorry for the confussion.
I will try your suggestion. Actually, I've done all of them but the last.
I thought I loaded the scanner directly from the web site from the DATA tab.
I didn't realize that tou had to first download the data into the computer first.
Or is there a place that will show me how to do this. I know it shouldn't be that hard, but it's always dificult the first time you try to do something totally new for the first time.
Many thanks to and anyone who can help me out.
Dusty

Dusty, wish you had posted this in the GA forum. You need to have programming software. ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN! is the best way to go for your scanner. You can import the Fulton county system into the software which allows you to upload it to the scanner. If you have more problems with this, post in the GA forum. There are a lot of us who will help:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.