Howard County Station 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Does anyone know what Howard County station 14 is?

I saw A145 on PulsePoint and that's a new one for me

markgrutz

Someone told me that A145 was assigned to the station at Merriweather Post. I don't think it's a physical station, but more of a virtual station, but I was under the impression that it was going to be a physical station in/on one of the properties under construction at Broken Land and Hickory Ridge Area. I believe it is currently at Station 7 and operating out of there. If I come up with any more concrete answers, I will follow up.

sc800

Thanks. Is Merriweather just going to have an Ambo or any suppression pieces too?

The call I saw them on was 32/108 so they were fairly far from home. But it was an ops response so I guess that is why

markgrutz

I really have no idea what they will have at this point. The 32/108 intersection is probably 2nd due for station 7, so that's probably not that far out for them to run at all.

Mark

sc800

And this will be full time? Or only for events at MPP?

Is that area really so busy that they needed another engine on top of 71, 91, 101 with 111, 51, 22/21 not so far away?

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
Yes full time. They've also started digging for Sta. 12 I believe and Sta. 15 (Between 7, 8, & 2) is in the planning phases.

sc800

Where is Station 12 supposed to be again?

And what are they planning for apparatus at those two. Engine and Ambo or any new special services?

fd2119

Station 14 is built into the large parking garage at the end of Symphony Woods Drive. Engine 141, Paramedic 145 and ATV14 are housed here; the utility is housed in the parking area designated for fire department parking in the parking lot.

Station 12 has had the ground broken; it will be at the end of Montevideo next to the new Royal Farms, near MSP Waterloo. I'm not quite sure about what apparatus will be assigned to Station 12.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Do they use MWCOG designators outside of Howard for Mutual Aid to Montgomery and Prince Georges?

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
Do they use MWCOG designators outside of Howard for Mutual Aid to Montgomery and Prince Georges?
Howard does not have a MWCOG designation so when responding to neighboring agency’s they are just known as “Howard Engine...” etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.