Howto: Listen to streams on your iPhone/iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Current version is now 1.2; price increased by $1.00. I installed this about an hour ago and was having no problems or errors after listening to a few different streams. Text tags seem to be working well for those feeds which have that feature.

FYI -- I was able to update from 1.0 to 1.2 for free because I had already purchased it.

walter900

>Also, if you scroll through the genres, you will find a scanner genre with quite a few feeds.

I have the latest version of TUNER from the istore, and there is no such listing as "scanner" under the genre choice selection.. Was this option just in the 1st release of this app?

vacrx

Yeah, I believe they were using the Shoutcast directory without permission, I might be wrong but I think that's what part of the issue was with the first release. Luckily I had bookmarked a bunch of the scanner links before they removed them.

cavis

Feed Provider
Thanks

Thanks to all of you folks for this great information. I am now able to listen to my feed on the iPhone, and it seems to work a whole lot better than my Orb connection does.

woo

iPhone Scanner question

Hi Guys, I found this thread by googling for iPhone support of Scanner streams.

I'm the developer of a server application (like orb kinda) and an iPhone app that plays all sorts of streams (wma, mp3, aac, etc.) and I have only a few live scanner streams in my DB (added at the request of users). Anyway, I know there are good db's I could add to my own db with lots of live scanner streams, but I am sometimes wondering if it's worth it. There seems to be a couple apps already around that have these. So my Question is, if anyone cares:

What's missing? Is there some feature or something that the other apps lack for scanner listeners that would make my app more compelling? Or should I just stick with regular radio and online radio streams?

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome, though this thread is kinda old so maybe noone will see this :(

If your curious about my app, google "ooTunes" and that's me :)

One thing my setup offers that others don't is the ability to listen to something in the background on your iPhone (when using the ooTunes server) so you can run other apps at the same time.

Anyway, send me a message if you have comments or suggestions.

HDMechanic

Does anyone know if and how you can listen to teamspeak on an Ipod. I want to be able to listen to a couple of scanner feeds that I cant find anywhere else.

SVT04

Iphone Police scanner

Why is everyone using Ituner to stream scanners, there an app in the apple store called (Police Sanner) Its a very god app. You can email the delevoper a URL and he will install it on the app> theres over 500 channel on there now... 1.99 in the app store

Status
Not open for further replies.