HP-1 avoid all talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I have a home patrol that I use to listen to 6 talkgroups on the MPSCS. I want to also search for new unidentified talkgroups not yet in the DB.

Is there anyway I can easily avoid all talkgroups in the DB and unlock only the ones I want?

rwier

Make a fav list of "only the ones you want"?

I have engaged the full database while experimenting or testing, but I would consider the use of the full DB as a function of actually listening/scanning to be a confession of something not nice, lol.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
If I do that it will stop on any of the over 2800 talkgroups on the system while I search for new ones, since it won't see it in the DB and will think they are new too.

rwier

Ok, sorry. I believe UPMan has responded to similar questions in the past. I don't remember the solutions as I have never "searched" for unknown TG's with any scanner (not one of my interests). A search of the RR Forum Archives might be fruitful, or UPMan may repeat a solution to the problem (he does that a LOT).

Also, the forums at HomePatrol are active and rewarding.

Rob

rwier

Also, now I see (a little late) that you have been here since '04, and are a DB Admin. I probably should just apologize and leave the thread, lol.

Rob

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
my experience with the hp1 is that it is much harder to search frequencies or talkgroups to search for anything new unless it has been uploaded to the hp database on the hp website. it totally relys on the database for info....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What you are describing is the operation implemented in the Extreme Upgrade's Trunked System Discovery Mode. In that mode, the scanner will monitor the system and only record / log hits on "unknown" channels (channels that are not in the database).

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to Connecticut State PoliceTroop G Dispatch and Car to Car plus State Police Transit Metro North and State Police Transit MTA Police.
So far this morning I've "avoided" 11 other talk group ID's that were unidentified. I checked the RR database and most of these talkgroups are ID'd there as other troop talk group ID's
I wonder why they come up on my screen without any info? It reads "no stored talk group ID"

Also HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!

On my old 396XT I would simply go to ID search and switch it to "off".
UpMan may have just replied to a question like this but I'm not getting it.
I just want to turn off ID Search.
Hope it's possible or I'm going to wreck my car trying to hit "avoid" all the way down the Merritt Pkwy in the morning!!!
Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Edit the system in your Favorites List. Under System Options, set ID Search to OFF.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply UPMan....I'm having this issue with my HomePatrol-1 and I'm not finding System Options. I have the advanced menu.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
OK....I got it....I turned off ID Search....I'm still getting talk groups.....I'm in Greenwich,CT and I'm getting talk groups from Long Island.
I'm going to make a new favorite list of just CSP G Dispatch and see if I still have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.