HP-1 Frequency Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordiebill

I noticed in the specs for this scanner, that it will go up to the 806-960 MHz range. At least one of their competitors (PSR 800) will scan up to 1300Mhz. Is it possible that the Home Patrol's frequency range may be increased in the future to include the 1240 to 1300 MHz band? Could this be done with a firmware upgrade in the future?

Thanks for any input.
Gord

Ontario Canada

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I noticed in the specs for this scanner, that it will go up to the 806-960 MHz range. At least one of their competitors (PSR 800) will scan up to 1300Mhz. Is it possible that the Home Patrol's frequency range may be increased in the future to include the 1240 to 1300 MHz band? Could this be done with a firmware upgrade in the future?

Thanks for any input.
Gord

Ontario Canada

I can't speak for Uniden, but as it was initially marketed as a scanner for "newbies" and there is little of anything of use to the "newbie" above 956MHz, it may not be doable.

Just out of curiosity, what is there of interest up there where you are? I forget what's above 900 MHz trunking/short range mics. Don't have anything interesting in that neighborhood here.

Viper43

I forget the exact specs on it but if it isn't there now a firmware upgrade won't do anything other than block or unblock frequencies within the specs range. Firmware can't add what the hardware doesn't have......

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Ham radio repeaters are one of the
Services in this range.

ham?

Ham radio repeaters are one of the
Services in this range.

Yes the 1.2 ghz band.And dont you wish the HP also had 88-108 NFM like the 996xt does?
I know it can do it,these two ranges are just not in Uniden's firmware.Anyone care to rewrite it?yeah ok-

OCO

940-960 has lots of (AS) Aural Studio Transmitter Links that are illegal to listen to....
If I had 88-108 Mhz on my HP1, I'd just as soon have WFM..

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I can't speak for Uniden, but as it was initially marketed as a scanner for "newbies" and there is little of anything of use to the "newbie" above 956MHz, it may not be doable.

Just out of curiosity, what is there of interest up there where you are? I forget what's above 900 MHz trunking/short range mics. Don't have anything interesting in that neighborhood here.

Jay: He is doing his homework and doing research in the Ontario forum on what scanner to buy.

Gordie, people have mentioned the GRE scanners and Uniden scanners.

The HP1 and the PSR800 similiar in that you pick what you want to hear. This sites database is yours to scan. I.E. If you live in Ottawa you can bring up any frequency and system listed and there you go.

Someone mentioned that the PSR800 can handle some new-fangled P25 technology that the Home Patrol cannot. This might be a reason to go with the GRE(PSR800) scanner.

The other digital scanners that people listend like the GRE500 (I think) and the Uniden 396XT's are great but you are going to have to program them. The Uniden XT scanners are amazing but it takes a little know how to program them at first. If you can work with spreadsheets you can learn how to program the radios with software provided or bought from ARC.

To me, having a scanner that allows you to scan above 956 or one with the FM band should not be a deal maker or breaker.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Re the XT scanners- there is Freeware to program/use them, unlike the GREs - both FreeScan and BCtool work with the XT scanners....best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.