HP 1, loss of some favorites when I update d.b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes when I update my HP 1 data base I lose some frequencies that are stored in some of my conventional Favorite List, anyone know why? I lose the whole list but the Favorite List remains with no frequencies in it.

Sure, I can go back into Sentinal and upload them back to the HP-1 but its just one more thing I have to do. Updating my trunked systems is enough of a pain although I am glad that feature is available.

Anyone know why I am losing conventional frequencies when I update?

marksmith

Updating the database by itself has no effect at all on favorites lists.

Now if you are appending something from the database to a favorites list and your favorites list includes a modified or enhanced set of frequencies you could be clobbering that.

But simply downloading an updated database and transferring that to the radio does not touch any favorites list data.

I have occasionally had departments or other sections of favorites lists disappear on me, but I usually determine that it was all locked out (avoided) and either does not download or it disappears when I avoid it all in the radio.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

mitbr

Sometimes when I update my HP 1 data base I lose some frequencies that are stored in some of my conventional Favorite List, anyone know why? I lose the whole list but the Favorite List remains with no frequencies in it.

Sure, I can go back into Sentinal and upload them back to the HP-1 but its just one more thing I have to do. Updating my trunked systems is enough of a pain although I am glad that feature is available.

Anyone know why I am losing conventional frequencies when I update?

If you haven't been doing the following try this and see if it fixes the problem.....Prior to uploading anything to the scanner first download everything from the scanner to Sentinal. This will upload every thing that was in your scanner exactley as it was unless you change it.

When you update the database and upload it to the scanner you may inadvertently be uploading the lack of conventional channels , by downloading it first to Sentinal you avoid this.
Hope this helps.
Tim

D

DaveNF2G

Be sure to check the Erase Favorites box when you upload. Otherwise, you will end up with multiple copies of your Favorites Lists on the scanner and there is no way to be sure you are selecting the most up to date version when scanning.

phask

Premium Subscriber
There is some good as well as some eroneous advice in this thread.

Your post is really not that clear as to what is happening.

You need to siy down and list every step that YOU do as there are multiple ways to do it.

Also - do you mean you lose data within a favorite or loose an entire favorite?

Also need to check what you have set in profile to download.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Be sure to check the Erase Favorites box when you upload. Otherwise, you will end up with multiple copies of your Favorites Lists on the scanner and there is no way to be sure you are selecting the most up to date version when scanning.

Not required at all - Sentinel will ask if you want to overwrite any modified FL. I rarely use it it as there is no need to re-write multiple FL if only one FL had anything changed.

It might make it simpler for ones unsure of what they are doing - but not a requirement at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.