HP-1: HP-1 Screen Question

BC2001

Jesse
I have a Home Patrol 1 scanner that works good overall. However, the screen seems to dim ever so slightly intermittently. The screen still responds to touch, and it can still display everything just fine with no issues.

What I'm wondering, is if this could be related to battery operation at all? I don't have an appropriate ac adapter for it, so it's only running off rechargeable batteries (2300 Mah). Could that be the issue, or is it definitely that the screen is going out slowly?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a Home Patrol 1 scanner that works good overall. However, the screen seems to dim ever so slightly intermittently. The screen still responds to touch, and it can still display everything just fine with no issues.

What I'm wondering, is if this could be related to battery operation at all? I don't have an appropriate ac adapter for it, so it's only running off rechargeable batteries (2300 Mah). Could that be the issue, or is it definitely that the screen is going out slowly?
If you're sure you have a fresh set of fully charged batteries, try cleaning the battery contacts. Otherwise maybe an intermittent connection in the ribbon cable going to the display screen. That cable is accessed fairly easily, and can be disconnected from the PCB and contacts cleaned. there is a flip-up locking tab on the PCB connector for the cable. I just removed my screen from the scanner to give it a good cleaning.