HP-2: HP 2 firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Where can i reinstall the firmware for Hp2? Im not sure but my code plug wont load into the hp2 in mass storage it just acts let it system restored when i write to it with all the welcome screens

marksmith

Sounds more like a crashed SD card to me.

There is only one version of the hp2 firmware and it came installed in the radio, with no updates since.

If you tell it to check the firmware in Sentinel it should confirm it is current.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

nick223

Feed Provider
I give up

I keep reformatting these Sd cards and getting a fresh copy of HP2 firmware than i go try and write my code plug in using Sentienal and i turn the HP2 back on and i get all the welcome messages like its a brand new HP2

D

darunimal

This is the total incorrect lingo to use, and makes trying to help you very difficult, the is no "firmware" you need to update, there is no "code plug".

First format,
second
clear user data in Sentinel software (of course your using the orange shielded sentinel right http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Sentinel_(Uniden_software))]
Then you create your Favorite List w a System, a Department w a TGID and a Site w frequencies,
Then Download and Monitor them
Then write them to the scanner

then you turn them on, one at a time FL, System, then the Department

nick223

Feed Provider
This is the total incorrect lingo to use, and makes trying to help you very difficult, the is no "firmware" you need to update, there is no "code plug".

First format,
second
clear user data in Sentinel software (of course your using the orange shielded sentinel right)]
Then you create your Favorite List w a System, a Department w a TGID and a Site w frequencies,
then you turn them on, one at a time FL, SQK, then the Department

yes reformatted the SD card- clear user data- makes my fav list- write HP2- turn back on HP 2 from mass storage- Welcomes screens appear and no Favorite list

firmware is basically the Clear all/ Erase/ write to the SD card :)

Code plug is basically the "Favorite list"

D

darunimal

Check
Location Off
Download On
Monitor ON
If you want to scan multiple lists, Menu > Manage Favorites List > Select Database to Monitor > Use Multiple Lists
Use or to page and tap each list (and/or the Full Database) to turn on (orange) or off (gray).
If you want to scan just one list, Menu > Manage Favorites List > (select list) > Use This List
If you want to scan just the Full Database, Menu > Manage Favorites List > Select Database to Monitor

Easier to Read HomePatrol-1/HP-2 Digitall Scanner and Sentinel Manual list

marksmith

You are not involved at all with firmware when you clear user data, or when writing to the scanner or SD card. The firmware is not on the SD card.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.