HP-2 Issue locating channel after updating database and firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I'm located in Napoleon, Ohio, my zip code is 43545.

From what I can best ascertain, ( according to spwalker04 - an employee of the Henry Co. S.O.) the Henry Co. S.O. is currently operating on the MARCS system.

A search of the MARCS database here at RR indicates a freq. of 773.30625c as being the primary and 771.28125a as the alternate control freq. with the site description being Holgate, Ohio in Henry County.

According to spwalker04, their " main dispatch channel is XSO35DSP ", but a search of the Henry County (35) Talkgroups indicate a talkgroup of 54564 with an "Alpha Tag" of XSO-35.

I'm not sure if this is the current exact freq and talkgroup, but it's the closest I have come to finding anything that has been previously described to me.

Also the fact that Henry County S.O. is shown to be operating on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System by the Sentinel Database, but due to issues unbeknownst to me, is currently operating on the MARCS system is confusing my situation even further.

My other problem is with the HP-2, I have to program the freq. and talkgroup from the Sentinel Database into my computer and then from my computer into my HP-2, and, though I have been able to locate them in the RadioReference Database, I have not been able to locate the freq. and talkgroup in the Sentinel Database, so I'm unable to program them into my HP-2.

This has been one frustrating experience for me. Previously I had a Uniden Trunktracker III and it was a breeze to program and use. This HP-2 system is restrictive in that I'm not able to program a freq. and talkgroup into my scanner like I used to be able to do on my Trunktracker III.

So if you, or anyone for that matter, has advice how to overcome this obstacle I would be greatly appreciative.

You can tag @spwalker04 so that he will see this thread and maybe can shed some light on the overall issue you're having (might be some overlap).

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'm located in Napoleon, Ohio, my zip code is 43545.

From what I can best ascertain, ( according to spwalker04 - an employee of the Henry Co. S.O.) the Henry Co. S.O. is currently operating on the MARCS system.

A search of the MARCS database here at RR indicates a freq. of 773.30625c as being the primary and 771.28125a as the alternate control freq. with the site description being Holgate, Ohio in Henry County.

According to spwalker04, their " main dispatch channel is XSO35DSP ", but a search of the Henry County (35) Talkgroups indicate a talkgroup of 54564 with an "Alpha Tag" of XSO-35.

I'm not sure if this is the current exact freq and talkgroup, but it's the closest I have come to finding anything that has been previously described to me.

Also the fact that Henry County S.O. is shown to be operating on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System by the Sentinel Database, but due to issues unbeknownst to me, is currently operating on the MARCS system is confusing my situation even further.

My other problem is with the HP-2, I have to program the freq. and talkgroup from the Sentinel Database into my computer and then from my computer into my HP-2, and, though I have been able to locate them in the RadioReference Database, I have not been able to locate the freq. and talkgroup in the Sentinel Database, so I'm unable to program them into my HP-2.

This has been one frustrating experience for me. Previously I had a Uniden Trunktracker III and it was a breeze to program and use. This HP-2 system is restrictive in that I'm not able to program a freq. and talkgroup into my scanner like I used to be able to do on my Trunktracker III.

So if you, or anyone for that matter, has advice how to overcome this obstacle I would be greatly appreciative.

XSO-35 is a statewide mutual aid talkgroup, which they may be using as a short-term fix until they migrate to the NW Ohio system; extremely unlikely that MARCS or their minions would have programmed the Henry Co radios with that talkgroup named XSO35DSP. If they do actually have a separate talkgroup named that, no one has identified and submitted it to the database yet.

If you're creating a favorite file for your HP2 using Sentinel, I would recommend creating one called "Henry County" and add the Holgate site only as this is the one most likely used by Henry County on a regular basis. Leave the radio in ID Search mode (there should be a check box for that somewhere). Scan that, and the radio should play any talkgroup which goes active on the Holgate site (including SO35DISP if it exists).

You mentioned in your first post that you clicked on Lucas County, then Ohio MARCS-IP etc etc. When you create a Favorite list, make sure to select Henry County.

Greg43545

XSO-35 is a statewide mutual aid talkgroup, which they may be using as a short-term fix until they migrate to the NW Ohio system; extremely unlikely that MARCS or their minions would have programmed the Henry Co radios with that talkgroup named XSO35DSP. If they do actually have a separate talkgroup named that, no one has identified and submitted it to the database yet.

If you're creating a favorite file for your HP2 using Sentinel, I would recommend creating one called "Henry County" and add the Holgate site only as this is the one most likely used by Henry County on a regular basis. Leave the radio in ID Search mode (there should be a check box for that somewhere). Scan that, and the radio should play any talkgroup which goes active on the Holgate site (including SO35DISP if it exists).

You mentioned in your first post that you clicked on Lucas County, then Ohio MARCS-IP etc etc. When you create a Favorite list, make sure to select Henry County.

That sounds like a great suggestion, but I cannot locate the "Holgate" site on the Sentinel Database, so I cannot create a favorite file on my HP2 for it.

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Just append Lucas and it will add every site anyway unless you are adding it manually.

It took me less than a minute to drill down to Holgate site

Greg43545

Just append Lucas and it will add every site anyway unless you are adding it manually.

It took me less than a minute to drill down to Holgate site

Did you do this on the RadioReference Database or the Sentinel Database?

Greg43545

OK, I found Holgate, Thank You! (y)

But when I right clicked on"Holgate" the "Appends Favorite List" remained grey and I could not use it to create a favorite lit.

HolgateSentinel041519.JPG

Greg43545

I created a Henry County Favorite List using the complete database, then went line by line and deleted everything from the favorite list except some Henry County conventional channel freqs. that are still in use, a Defiance County conventional channel freq. that is used by the Henry Co. EMS to speak to the hospitals, and the Holgate tower, which includes the Freqs. used by the Henry County Sheriff. ( See Below ).

However, when I open my " Henry County -04/15/2019 " Favorite List in my HP2, the Henry and Defiance Conventional Channels and freqs. are there but my Ohio MARCS IP, Holgate, and the Freqs. are not.

What, if anything, did I do wrong?

HolgateSentinel04.JPG
HolgateSentinel03.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.