HP2 Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have a HomePatrol 2 which has an SMA antenna. I would like to connect a Comet BNC-W100RX antenna to it to see if it improves reception (My BCD325P2 is vastly outperforming my HP2, which the HP2 is supposed to be my base unit). If reception improves then I will acquire another Comet for it. However, as you probably guessed, I need an SMA to BNC adapter so that I can connect the Comet antenna (which is BNC) to the HP2.

Seems to be a lot of confusion on Amazon and other vendor outlets. Just typing in SMA to BNC adapter usually turns up the wrong types (ie male to female or female to female or something).

What do ya'll recommend for the best adapter for this?

Thanks much!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have a HomePatrol 2 which has an SMA antenna. I would like to connect a Comet BNC-W100RX antenna to it to see if it improves reception (My BCD325P2 is vastly outperforming my HP2, which the HP2 is supposed to be my base unit). If reception improves then I will acquire another Comet for it. However, as you probably guessed, I need an SMA to BNC adapter so that I can connect the Comet antenna (which is BNC) to the HP2.

Seems to be a lot of confusion on Amazon and other vendor outlets. Just typing in SMA to BNC adapter usually turns up the wrong types (ie male to female or female to female or something).

What do ya'll recommend for the best adapter for this?

Thanks much!

If you purchased your Home Patrol 2 new, it comes with the proper SMA to BNC antenna adaptor.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
So unfortunately it does not seem that the other antenna / adapter made much, if any, difference. For whatever reason, it appears that the HomePatrol 2 is simply not performing as well as the BCD325P2 when used in the same manner and location in my place. This is disheartening, because the BCD325P2 runs on batteries and burns through them ridiculously, while the HP2 is plugged in to AC power and is set as my "base" unit.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
So unfortunately it does not seem that the other antenna / adapter made much, if any, difference. For whatever reason, it appears that the HomePatrol 2 is simply not performing as well as the BCD325P2 when used in the same manner and location in my place. This is disheartening, because the BCD325P2 runs on batteries and burns through them ridiculously, while the HP2 is plugged in to AC power and is set as my "base" unit.

Double-check to be sure that your attenuator (Atten) is not on.

Status
Not open for further replies.