HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
Well after some time and thought, I just bought a new HP2 scanner. I have been using an HP1 for about 2yrs now with no complaints or any issues. Hope the HP2 delivers the same reliability.

radio3353

That's nice, but what is your point? If the HP1 works fine, why did you feel the need to buy a HP2?

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
A lot of State Patrol is switching to phase 2 TDMA along with other agencies that I travel to, so I like to have all ducks lined up in a row for monitoring. My point is.. There is no point. Just wanted to share my experiences

scosgt

I find the 2 is more sensitive than the 1. That is good and bad. It can receive distant or weak systems a little better, but is also more subject to front end desense like the GRE based scanners.

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
I just got my HP2 today, up and running. My only question is since I have Sentinel software and ARC Patrol for my HP1 already. Will it work for the HP2 as well? Right now I'm just running the area database since I haven't uploaded any fave lists yet.

scosgt

Yes, it is all the same.
I find the 2 more sensitive than the one, also a little more susceptible to overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.