HT Repeater controller with auto ID????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongRange308

Does anyone make one? Im finding lots of repeater controllers but none of them tell me that they will auto ID. I want to build a little repeater box that I can toss on my roof with 2 crappy Baofeng 888s HT's a crappy inline duplexer to a fiberglass mast on a vent pipe and a solar panel, just to be able to get more range out of my HTs in the neighborhood between me and my neighbors.

Is there anything out there that can do this? I don't want to be reliant on shore-power for this and I want it to stay legal if and when I do use it.

Thanks for the help!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering: If you're going to "toss" the repeater box onto the roof, use "crappy" Baofengs and a "crappy" duplexer, how dependable do you think this will be?

LongRange308

Just wondering: If you're going to "toss" the repeater box onto the roof, use "crappy" Baofengs and a "crappy" duplexer, how dependable do you think this will be?
Well, they have been shown to be quite resilient and durable.. I know of one box like the one I am building that has gone 2 years now without service and it is still operational.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Well, they have been shown to be quite resilient and durable.. I know of one box like the one I am building that has gone 2 years now without service and it is still operational.

You're right. I was going in the back door to intimate that they're not all that "crappy."

I have 3 various models of Baofengs.

LongRange308

. Yes, that's the one. Its a single port controller which can be programmed by Dtmf. Very easy to use and reliable. I suggest using better quality radios though.73, n9zas

I may upgrade the radios at some point, but during the testing process, Im not going to dump money into it, if it wont suit my needs overall.. Trying to use what I have on hand for now, and will upgrade it later as needed.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I may upgrade the radios at some point, but during the testing process, Im not going to dump money into it, if it wont suit my needs overall.. Trying to use what I have on hand for now, and will upgrade it later as needed.
Gotcha. Eham also has some good reviews on ics controllers too. 73, n9zas

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Half duplex cross band repeat and no need for a id'r

You're incorrect. He wants a full duplex (receives and transmits simultaneously, on two bands) repeater. Since it will be bi-directional, any re-transmitted signal will need to ID (his repeater ID) periodically when in use. The FCC doesn't give anyone a pass just because they are doing cross-band repeating with a single radio, or a couple radios tied together.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
The irony is that even the least expensive mobile duplexer will be the most expensive bit of hardware required! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.