• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Power cycles when volume knob is turned

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I wanted to see if anyone had any insight into what I could do to fix this problem my HT1000 has been having, or how much to expect to pay someone (preferably a Motorola dealer) to fix the radio.
Problem: Once the radio is on, if I turn the volume knob to increase/decrease the audio volume, about half the time it will turn off and then back on again without my "permission". To add to this, sometimes the radio won't even turn on without me having to play with the volume knob for a while. I contacted the guy who sold the radio to me, and he said that it is probably a problem with the circuit board and that I would need to contact Motorola to get it fixed. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas so that I don't have to pay for and wait for Motorola to fix the radio. If not, any idea what I should expect to pay Motorola to fix it?

Thanks guys!

fineshot1

Sounds like the volume on/off pot on the control flex is going bad.

You will need a new control flex, part number NTN7087.

This control flex has the volume pot, channel rotary switch, mic,
and speaker all attached as a single entire assembly.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the volume on/off pot on the control flex is going bad.

You will need a new control flex, part number NTN7087.

This control flex has the volume pot, channel rotary switch, mic,
and speaker all attached as a single entire assembly.

Okay. I think I got that, but I don't know anything about "the technical stuff" so I'm not sure. My real question, though is how much would getting a new control flex cost? How much would it cost to have it installed by a dealer or someone that knows what they are doing? :D
Thanks!

bezking

In all honesty, though, if you are willing to spend that kind of money, you're really better off just going on eBay or something and buying another HT1000, it will probably end up being cheaper than just the part.

Last year at a hamfest I got a freshly recased DN (narrowband capable) HT1000 with two batteries, two speaker mics, and a charger for $80.

Last edited:

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
In all honesty, though, if you are willing to spend that kind of money, you're really better off just going on eBay or something and buying another HT1000, it will probably end up being cheaper than just the part.

Last year at a hamfest I got a freshly recased DN (narrowband capable) HT1000 with two batteries, two speaker mics, and a charger for $80.

Wow! What a deal! I think I am going to call my local dealer and if it is that kind of money, then I will probably just have to put up with it for the time being. I don't want to spend that much currently.

Thank you so much for the help!

N4KVE

I am sure there are radio shops that have dead Jedi radios around [any band will do] that have these flex assemblies & would sell them for $10. I have 2, but am saving them for spares should I need them in the future. On Batlabs there is a working MTX8000 for sale in working condition for $35 which has the flex assy you need. GARY N4KVE

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I am sure there are radio shops that have dead Jedi radios around [any band will do] that have these flex assemblies & would sell them for $10. I have 2, but am saving them for spares should I need them in the future. On Batlabs there is a working MTX8000 for sale in working condition for $35 which has the flex assy you need. GARY N4KVE

Gary-

Good idea, thanks! If I am understanding you correctly, the only problem is that I would want to have someone also do any work that doesn't involve just pushing buttons :) because I am pretty confident that I will break something or something like that. If I am not understanding something correctly, then please let me know. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.