• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Channel Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

I am having a problem with a channel in my HT1250. I cant seem to tx, but can rx just fine. It's only on one particular channel, all the rest seem to work just fine. I have played with bandwidth, PL tones, etc and that doesnt seem to fix the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks.

MMM_EMS

Have you looked to see if the channel has been programmed as "RX only"?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
You do not mention if its a repeater frequency or not. If it is a repeater make sure you have the frequency offset correct.

jfab

The channel is not set as RX only.

The channel is simplex. In the CPS, the RX and TX freqs and PL tones are the same, hence my confusion.

Thanks for the replies!

CommJunkie

Little more info needed...

Does the radio not allow you to transmit (no red LED at the top of the radio when attempting to transmit), or are you not hearing yourself on the other radio/scanner you are listening to?

jfab

The led turns red when I key up, however my partners on scene can't hear me. Their radio's leds flash as if they are receiving traffic but there is no voice. I thought maybe it may be a pl tone issue however I have tried tx-ing with and without PLs

Thanks for the response!

trlrdrdave

It is a pl issue. You need to verify the pl they are receiving on. If you transmit with no pl or the wrong pl that will happen.

trlrdrdave

I would then verify that you are really transmitting pl. I know you said this is the only channel not working. The other radios are obviouslt rx'ing so you need to verify what pl and at what level you ar tx'ing pl.

Last edited:

Eaton90

I sugges you ask your partners push the Monitor button (if so programmed) on their radios when you're transmitting. If they will be able to hear what you say it is definitely the tone issue. BTW, is it PL or DPL?
I also advise you to check the power level on that particular channel. You may be transmitting at low power. If your colleagues are far away from you, the tone can be "lost" and their radios will therefore mute.
As to me, I would have read someone else's radio and programmed mine with exactly the same frequency and tone data.
Good luck! :)

RKG

You did not specify whether or not this is a channel that has been narrow banded.

Most transceivers default to sending the PL tone at a deviation that is a function of the voice deviation limit. Back in the day, the generally accepted level for PL was 750 Hz, though most receivers would correctly decode PL at a value as low as 400 Hz.

In theory, once you narrow band a channel, the transceiver should send the tone at 375 Hz. However, if your listeners are still programmed for wide band, this may be too low to function their tone decoders, and I've heard reports (but never observed the phenomenon myself) that some older radios have trouble decoding narrow band (sent) PL even when their receivers have also been programmed for narrow band.

If you have the capability, try increasing the tone deviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.