• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 LS+ blinking display

Status
Not open for further replies.

wp4mps

Hi, I recently bought a Motorola HT1250 LS+ second hand on ebay and when I turn on the radio with a new battery, the only thing the radio does is flash on and off the display light. I see no message from the programming software other than to check the connection and to see if the radio is on. I checked the com port in my PC, I know is the right one. Could I have a bad EEPROM in my radio. Is there any hope for it?

gary123

It sounds like a bad program to the radio. I would see if you can get a good image and program it to the radio. Also sometimes going into the service menu will fix some codeplug issues.

wp4mps

Ok, I forgot to mention that once I lock the battery on and turn the radio on, it's display and small light on top start blinking, but to turn the radio off, I have to detach the battery.

I've been told today that the radio was "stunned"?.

jcattey

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same problem with my HT1250 with the screen and scan light blinking and the only way to get it to stop is to pull the battery. Any Ideas??

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am having the same problem with my HT1250 with the screen and scan light blinking and the only way to get it to stop is to pull the battery. Any Ideas??

Yup, sounds like it has been remotely disabled. Some manufacturers call it "stun/kill". Motorola calls it selective radio inhibit - allows system owner to disable stolen or missing radios.

jcattey

Premium Subscriber
great...I picked this radio up on ebay, sounds like im SOL then...thank you for the heads up

MPFD535

I might be wrong but I dont think you can stun a ht1250, you could if it had a option board, like passport, in it. but normally it says disabled. Have you tried to program it? If it had a eprom fault the new cps fixes it. I would read it and change the code plug and load it back in.

jcattey

Premium Subscriber
So i turned it on and it came up EEPRM CS ERROR, I was unable use CPS R06.11.10 to reset the codeplug and ended up useing a code plug tool to flash a the same tamapa into the radio and it went back to blinking.....im at a loss. Now when i try to read the radio or resend the tamapa it says the radio is not responding. Im thinking this radio is gonna have to have a depot trip.

jcattey

Premium Subscriber
The radio is not responding to the codeplug tool or the firmware tool. Just the blinking display, buttons and scan light. Only way it will stop is if the battery is pulled..... any other thoughts before I take this radio out back and shoot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.