• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 LS+ Not turning on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker7

Hey guys, Ive got a Motorola HT1250 LS+ thats not turning on, seems to have no life in it. Yes the battery is charged. Im more used to the XTS series and am not familiar with this series. Is there like a kill or stun function on these radios? Is there any way to tell if so? Thanks!

beaker7

Update, it appears to have an XTS2500 intrinsically safe battery on it, it fits on perfect though.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Early on when i had HT1250 and XTS2500 i had batteries i could use on both.
The batteries had two sets of contacts on them one above the other. I think the higher one was the XTS and lower set was for HT series.
Probably done intentionally early on so moto could charge more for people migrating from HT to XTS2500. Also allowed them to manufacture 1 battery for 2 lines of radios. Although i also recall the feet on the bottom of the battery, that hold it in the charger, were only for the XTS2500 OR the warris charger. So that is where the big difference was.
I also think if it had feet for XTS2500 the battery icon would not work with the HT1250. That part i am going off memory.

But i know i had several of the slim Li-Ion batteries for the HT1250 that i used initially on my XTS2500.

N4KVE

HT1250 batteries have both sets of contacts for the 1250, & 2500. But on MY 2500 batteries, there’s only one set of battery contacts, so they won’t work on the 1250. However if you peel the decal below the contacts, the 2nd contacts that will work on the 1250 will be exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.