• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Qick-Call II sample tone issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaton90

Hi everyone!
I programmed my HT1250 to have 3 different single-tone Quick-Call II signals available for transmitting. But when I try to send any of this calls the radio beeps the same alert tone - no matter what one I want to transmit. It is very annoying and inconvenient - I'm not aware if I sent right or wrong Qick-Call. I want my radio to sound exactly the same as the target radio will receive my call. How can it be done?
The only thing I found in the codeplug settings is disabling the alert tone at all - but that's not what I want.
Please help me with it!
Thanks in advance!

I just checked with my HT1250. Regardless of which set of tones I send, I get one long beep. As long as you have the right one selected on screen (I'm assuming that you are going to Radio Call -> Selective Call or Call Alert) you're sending the right one.

Hope this helps!

EDIT

I thought I had a codeplug on my laptop, but it appears I don't. I'll check a codeplug tonight to see if there is an option to select to let you can hear what is being sent.

Last edited:

Eaton90

I would be more than grateful to you if you find out how to make the radio sound the actual call tone. It seems to be strange that Motorolas can't do it since Kenwood TK-3180 can, as far as I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.