WACN: BEE00
RFSS 1
Site 1
NAC 8E1
774.63125 Primary Control
770.75625 Alt Control
771.89375 Alt Control
772.25625 Alt Control

The system is supposed to have some 800 MHz channels as well but nothing has been heard.

According to FCC filings, user migrations are not "planned" until Q4 of 2019.

ansky

Has there been any word on who might actually use this system?

Interesting thing is that HUDCEN needed something like this for decades, but I guess RWJ Barnabas just went with NJICS. I wonder if this is going to be a free-standing system or will be ISSI'ed into NJICS as a sub-system. I suppose if they could push politics aside, rolling the muni's into the system would come eventually, maybe picking up Union City, North Bergen, the Prosecutor, and Hoboken's 800 channels.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Union City has a fairly new P25 Phase 2 system for a few years now and seems to serve them quite well, and Hoboken is transitioning to NJICS as a subscriber.

My guess is this system will serve to supplement/replace the Bayonne and Jersey City P25 systems which are a decade old.

Union City has a fairly new P25 Phase 2 system for a few years now and seems to serve them quite well, and Hoboken is transitioning to NJICS as a subscriber.

My guess is this system will serve to supplement/replace the Bayonne and Jersey City P25 systems which are a decade old.
It's going to have to. Jersey City and Bayonne may be losing their frequencies if the T-Band "giveback" politics comes to fruition. It's a good thing there are alternatives. As for Union City, they can ISSI into NJICS. Maybe. And Hoboken can give back those channels. I'm sure they'll last about 1.8 seconds after they move before someone in Region 8 will try to snarf them up.

Based on the 4 simulcast sites currently listed in the database (Kearny, Bayonne, Greenville Section of Jersey City, and North Bergen), I kind of wonder what sort of coverage they're going to experience in Downtown Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, and West New York (along the Hudson River).

Based on the 4 simulcast sites currently listed in the database (Kearny, Bayonne, Greenville Section of Jersey City, and North Bergen), I kind of wonder what sort of coverage they're going to experience in Downtown Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, and West New York (along the Hudson River).
They're required by the Region 8 700 MHz regional planning committee to keep 80% of their signal contained within Hudson County plus a small buffer area around the county. They probably have highly directional antennas beaming signal inward. The county isn't that wide. The flip side of that is they may not be projecting a whole lot of signal outside of the boundary area.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Would there be any reason this is not in the Sentinel database as of yet

Did not see it as yesterday's Update.

Thanks
Yup, because Sentinel does not include systems that have no identified talkgroups. It's been that way forever, going back to the original HP-1 scanner. You'll have to add the system manually.

rufus-7

New talkgroups heard yesterday, 20002 and 20003 with radio ids 2100 series. Both talk groups were E but judging the patterns of the transmissions it may have been coverage testing.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if this system is totally built out? Some great sites on the license. If I recall I saw about 7 including the tallest building in JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.